Mrambo motor squeel on one driver

New Home Forum LowRider Troubleshooting – LowRider Mrambo motor squeel on one driver

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Doerksen 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

James Doerksen
    Participant

Hopefully someone can offer some assistance, video attached describing and showing the issue.

X-Axis motor goes into a high pitch squeel after stopping motion (not normal motor whine) & loses steps

when swapping the cables on the x and y motors, the x motor moves and sounds clean, while the y motors show the issues above.

Using the Mrambo that came with the kit, pwm_motor_control is unaltered.

Hopefully that provides enough info for someone to help.

Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1Xivw5GdsxcdyYBh8

James Doerksen
    Participant

Is there an easy way to change in Marlin the motor pinouts, to effectively swap x with e? Using the extruder motor output it runs great. Just the x motor output seems wonky. I’m using the firmware linked off the main page, and the mrambo board was the one provided in the kit.

Barry
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry about it.  They all do that to a point.  When my printer does it, I just jog it a couple mm, and it stops.  I think it does that when it’s between real steps, the microsteps keep it between full steps and it vibrates in that spot.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

You can swap the pinouts in pins_minirambo.h

Does it act any differently or just whine?

James Doerksen
    Participant

The motor vibrated excessively, caused the set screws to come loose, I secured them with some medium strength loctite.

I swapped the motor pins in marlin, and I’m using the E motor driver, everything works better now. guess I just got a partially bad board.

Thanks guys!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.