MPCNC soon to be in Southern California

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC MPCNC soon to be in Southern California

This topic contains 41 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Bruh
    Participant

I’m having some issues with everything being more.. wobbly then I’d like. I’m thinking about adding supports like this, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1730371 Does anyone have any luck with this or should I just lower the whole thing?

If you’re not planning using all of that z height then your best bet is to lower it. You’d have a hell of a time finding end mills long enough to use all of that Z travel. What are you planning on using the machine for?

JMS
    Participant

You might want to shorten the legs and look into Drop Tables.

https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/drop-table-plywood-construction/

and

https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/my-mpcnc-made-in-china/page/11/#post-57321

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hannah
    Participant

I have a few large 3d prints I need to make so I think I’ll go the route of the drop table

Barry
    Participant

They’ll help, once you start using it for milling, lower it.

Ryan
    Keymaster

You built it extremely tall, those supports will help the frame but won;t do anything for the Z axis. 3 inches is rock solid it goes downhill quickly from there.

Hannah
    Participant

An update: I lowered the legs and using a cheap generic Dremel for now and it seems to be working. The tool has way too much play in the bit but for now I’m happy with the results.

IMG_20190421_143125

Hannah
    Participant

Seeing as I’m overdue for an update. I’ve melted a spindle so the good people in China saw fit to ship me a 2.5kw spindle over the .5kw that I had ordered. The added weight means I have a new Z stepper on order that’s a little more powerful but for now it works just fine.

607ba1e2-ff9a-4c24-943b-923cdf0e76e6

I made a new door sign as a test. I’m not sure about Estlcam but it’s good for what it does.

013cd356-44e8-43af-b919-ba149d895b7f
    3d3a48ab-57f8-4cb9-925f-53fd2bd29032

Here’s it in action.
    13d00ff2-cc6c-45ad-b090-93baf23e2cf4

Hannah
    Participant

The switches on the front turn on and off all the outlets throughout the room using some 12v solid state relays. I still have some cable management and better water cooling to work out.

Matt Penner
    Participant

Nice! I like the switching. I’m sad to say my machine is still sitting unassembled. I didn’t have any room in our tiny 2 car garage, which barely fit a single car and storage. Had to cut and rearrange steel shelving and anchor it all to the wall. Now I’ve got a really nice and stable place for the CNC. Now that that’s finally done I’m reorganizing boxes to get the wife’s car back in and then will start building.

How are you anchoring your pieces to the spoil board?

Robin Morgan
    Participant

Seeing as I’m overdue for an update. I’ve melted a spindle so the good people in China saw fit to ship me a 2.5kw spindle over the .5kw that I had ordered. The added weight means I have a new Z stepper on order that’s a little more powerful but for now it works just fine.

Hopefully they will send me a 2.5kw spindle over the 500 i ordered

Hannah
    Participant

I’m taping some blue tape to the top of my spoilboard and the work surface like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaVpIhtK0zg&t=20s

I haven’t had any issues with this method so far. I’d like to put T rails some day though

Barry
    Participant

I like the use of the coolant tank handle to keep the coolant lines from moving!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.