MPCNC Build in UK

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

geoff
    Participant

Hi All,

Just thought I’d share my in progress MPCNC build. Many, many hours of 3D printing on an old cheap Prusa clone have got me this far!

Now to work on wiring, etc.

Thanks to Ryan for the fantastic design!

Cheers,

geoff.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Almost finished!

Jason
    Participant

Looks good, toss them belts on and make some moves

washy
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Looks good, can I ask a question?

Is that the screwfix deta conduit for the rails?  Did you find it was 25mm OD?  Its the last thing I need to source for my mpcnc and I’m a bit nervous buying the screwfix deta conduit if its wrong.

Thanks,

Washy.

geoff
    Participant

Hi Washy,

Yes, that is the screwfix deta conduit. Seems to be 25mm (at least it fits the 25mm parts I printed just fine!), only issue I had was some of the pipes were bent in places, easy enough to work around if you have some spare. But you might want to be more careful when picking it up than I was!

geoff.

1 user thanked author for this post.

washy
    Participant

Thanks Geoff, Good to know.

In my naivety I printed out the 25mm parts only to find 25mm stainless tube is quite uncommon.

Was just weighing up wether to reprint everything in 25.4mm and buy stainless tube ~£8/meter, buy the screwfix 25mm conduit at £3/meter or buy 25mm stainless tube at £13/meter.

Was worried some reports here of issues with the screwfix conduit coming in undersized.

W.

S Sauntson
    Participant

evening gents

I personally went for the stainless steel 25.4 tubing, not once have I regretted my choice.

Look up my thread.

Any UK MPCNC owners?

Good to see another MPCNC  here in blighty

regards

Chris
    Participant

hi, where did you get your stainless.

i found metals4u which seemed cheap then there is 20% vat and delivery. total was £74 for 600 x 900 size cnc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.