March 7, 2019 at 12:28 pm #92185
i wanted to share some progress of my MPCNC with you (and some minor modifications i did).
I went for bigger Nema 17, mainly because the smaller ones were not available when i sourced my parts (and they were actually cheaper). Added an axial bearing to the Z Axis to protect the bearings of the motor.
All mechanical parts are made of carbon fiber reinforced PLA (i got it quit cheap, and i must admit its the best Filament i ever had – tolerances +- 0,02 mm).
My table (work in progress):
This mess is going to be my enclosure one day…
Just love the look of this Filament
Hopefully my Spindle will arrive on Monday, then i will finish the mechanical build. After that my favorit job. Wiring.
To be continued 🙂April 12, 2019 at 8:37 am #96688
I can see some of the pictures.April 12, 2019 at 2:05 pm #96743
I made a posting yesterday but there was some trouble with the forums and it was getting late so i did not rewrite all the text.
Okay, here we go again 🙂
During the last month i was a bit short of time, but i am nearly finished with my MPCNC project, my latest progress:
Made an enclosure to secure the peace with my neighbours
Some cable management (just boxes with screw terminals to mount the shielded cables i used for the motors, guess it is better to go this way when using a spindle)
Testing the dimensional accuracy:
And a crown of cause:
Pretty happy so far, there are some imperfections but i guess i can blame the wobbly pen mount (only some zip ties) and the not machined waste board.
I guess i can start milling this weekend, pretty excited 😀
Little *fun* fact about my machine: When i first started the machine i got the steps / rotation wrong (using estlcam) so my MPCNC moved ten times faster than i expected- the whole table made a small jump forward (it was moving at 400mm/s not 40 mm/s). BUT and here props to the design and the designer: nothing broke or failed.
Attachments:April 12, 2019 at 2:10 pm #96777
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.