MPCNC Build in Hamburg Germany

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC MPCNC Build in Hamburg Germany

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jan 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jan
    Participant

Hello World,

i wanted to share some progress of my MPCNC with you (and some minor modifications i did).

I went for bigger Nema 17, mainly because the smaller ones were not available when i sourced my parts (and they were actually cheaper).  Added an axial bearing to the Z Axis to protect the bearings of the motor. 

All mechanical parts are made of carbon fiber reinforced PLA (i got it quit cheap, and i must admit its the best Filament i ever had – tolerances +- 0,02 mm).

My table (work in progress):

This mess is going to be my enclosure one day…

Progress today:

Just love the look of this Filament

Hopefully my Spindle will arrive on Monday, then i will finish the mechanical build. After that my favorit job. Wiring.

To be continued 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I can see some of the pictures.

Jan
    Participant

I made a posting yesterday but there was some trouble with the forums and it was getting late so i did not rewrite all the text.

Okay, here we go again 🙂

During the last month i was a bit short of time, but i am nearly finished with my MPCNC project, my latest progress:

IMG_20190311_153332

IMG_20190311_160404
    IMG_20190307_153913

Made an enclosure to secure the peace with my neighbours

IMG_20190327_134322

Some cable management (just boxes with screw terminals to mount the shielded cables i used for the motors, guess it is better to go this way when using a spindle)

IMG_20190411_115019-4

Testing the dimensional accuracy:

IMG_20190411_115006

And a crown of cause:

IMG_20190411_121430-4

Pretty happy so far, there are some imperfections but i guess i can blame the wobbly pen mount (only some zip ties) and the not machined waste board.

I guess i can start milling this weekend, pretty excited 😀

Little *fun* fact about my machine: When i first started the machine i got the steps / rotation wrong (using estlcam) so my MPCNC moved ten times faster than i expected- the whole table made a small jump forward (it was moving at 400mm/s not 40 mm/s). BUT and here props to the design and the designer: nothing broke or failed.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jan
    Participant

Okay, the forum is still behaving strange, the post was not accepted and appeared half an hour later 🙂 in case the pic´s don´t work her is a google album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gJWr27RhymkU2zem8

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.