October 8, 2019 at 3:08 pm #117189
Carpet cleaning? What does that have to do with an MPCNC build? I thought I would share the short story of how I ended up here since I don’t come from the CNC world and had never heard of an MPCNC nor witnessed a 3D printer in action until about a week ago.
The Obvious Pathway From Getting Your Carpets Cleaned -> MPCNC (Step By Step)
- In late summer I was too cheap to replace my office carpet so I thought I would get it cleaned. As such, I had to empty my office of a bunch of mismatched furniture.
- Once the room was empty, I thought to myself. I see a lot of people building their own rustic furniture. May I should do that?
- I then discovered the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig and a variety of barn-wood staining techniques. I made a bunch of stuff for friends, family, and me.
- I was then was lucky enough to win this year’s match play series at my local golf club. They don’t give you a trophy so I thought I would make myself a coffee table with something engraved in it.
- I found it hard to get something done at a reasonable price, but stumbled across someone who did.
- I asked him what he used, he said “Just Google MPCNC, and btw 3D printers are cheap now”.
- I did just that…and “presto”…I started my MPCNC build.
I am just printing parts now. I figured I better get that done before order the kit from V1. Things going well so far (tons of Googling of course).
I think I still need new carpet
Attachments:October 8, 2019 at 9:09 pm #117239
Ah yes, the endless rabbit hole that is making/tinkering! Enjoy the build! 😀October 9, 2019 at 8:06 am #117276
That is a pretty cool breadcrumb trail of how you got here.
Like the style of furniture, can’t wait to see what you make!October 9, 2019 at 11:37 am #117305
Welcome, and a pretty cool use for theses cnc’s. I’m another local to you and I know there are at least a few other mpcnc’s and LR2’s in the city and surrounding areas. I’m also a golfer but have never played coloniale it must be either close or good if you’re a member there.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.