MPCNC Build: Edmonton, Alberta – Due To Carpet Cleaning

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC MPCNC Build: Edmonton, Alberta – Due To Carpet Cleaning

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brent 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

James
    Participant

Carpet cleaning?  What does that have to do with an MPCNC build?  I thought I would share the short story of how I ended up here since I don’t come from the CNC world and had never heard of an MPCNC nor witnessed a 3D printer in action until about a week ago.

The Obvious Pathway From Getting Your Carpets Cleaned -> MPCNC (Step By Step)

1. In late summer I was too cheap to replace my office carpet so I thought I would get it cleaned.  As such, I had to empty my office of a bunch of mismatched furniture.
    2. Once the room was empty, I thought to myself.  I see a lot of people building their own rustic furniture.  May I should do that?
    3. I then discovered the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig and a variety of barn-wood staining techniques. I made a bunch of stuff for friends, family, and me.
    4. I was then was lucky enough to win this year’s match play series at my local golf club.  They don’t give you a trophy so I thought I would make myself a coffee table with something engraved in it.
    5. I found it hard to get something done at a reasonable price, but stumbled across someone who did.
    6. I asked him what he used, he said “Just Google MPCNC, and btw 3D printers are cheap now”.
    7. I did just that…and “presto”…I started my MPCNC build.

Status

I am just printing parts now.  I figured I better get that done before order the kit from V1.  Things going well so far (tons of Googling of course).

P.S.

I think I still need new carpet

2 users thanked author for this post.

David
    Participant

Ah yes, the endless rabbit hole that is making/tinkering!  Enjoy the build! 😀

Ryan
    Keymaster

That is a pretty cool breadcrumb trail of how you got here.

Like the style of furniture, can’t wait to see what you make!

Brent
    Participant

Welcome, and a pretty cool use for theses cnc’s.  I’m another local to you and I know there are at least a few other mpcnc’s and LR2’s in the city and surrounding areas.  I’m also a golfer but have never played coloniale it must be either close or good if you’re a member there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.