MPCNC 1m x 1m build in Europe

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC MPCNC 1m x 1m build in Europe

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 6 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mantuxas
    Participant

Hello,

I’m a full-time 3D modeling freelancer working mainly with Fusion 360 and Sketchup. So my main goal with this CNC will be just playing around and making some of the objects that I model in real life. If everything goes to plan I’m also thinking about bringing out some simple products for sale both in my local market and online(Etsy, eBay).  I only want to work with particle board and some woods. Maybe some plastics too. I’m not planning to use this machine for aluminum.

I was thinking of building MPCNC for a very long time. Yesterday I noticed a post in my local CNC group from a guy that was selling his MPCNC frame. Price for it super good so I decided to finally go ahead with this project.

The first thing in my todo list is to make sure the frame the guy is selling is quality made and has all the parts. I don’t have a 3D printer so printing extra parts will cost me realitively a lot. So maybe someone on the forum can give me some tips on that?
    This is some stats that he told me:
    Plastic used: PETG white color
    Layer height: 0,6mm
    Infill: 55% on bigger parts, small parts are 100% infill
    Tubes: Stainless steel
    Frame size: 1 meter x 1 meter, height around 20cm
    The frame is almost assembled. All bearing, nuts, and bolts are already in their places.
    He will also throw in all the belt I will need, some endmills and a holder for a spindle.
    I’m hoping to get all of this for around 80€, which in my mind is a great deal.
    The frame has never been used, he just printed it and assembled it and due to him mowing to another city he is now selling it.

If the frame is all good all I will need will be the stepper motors, electronics, and a spindle.
    I know that “stock” MPCNC uses Nema 17 motors, but would upgrading to NEMA23 be worth it? They have at least 2 times the power and the price difference isn’t too big. If using nema23 would guarantee hassle free operation of the machine with no missed steps I would definitely invest few euros for it.

I have also found another great deal online: Arduino mega+Ramps 1.4+LCD screen+stepper drivers+5 endstops for just 30€. This was taken off from a 3D printer.
    I’m a bit less knowledgable about the electronics side of things. Will this work for MPCNC? Or am I better of with other option?

Also maybe someone can recommend a good tutorial on electronics of CNC: choosing controllers, boards, powers supply, software, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any help and tips. Will try to update this topic with new info as I go. I should get the frame on Monday if everything goes according to plan.

Barry
    Participant

23’s won’t fit, you’d also need different stepper drivers, and controller.  Petg is fine for the plastic parts if he printed them correctly, a lot of mine is petg.  As for the controller, try to stick with what’s sold on the v1 store.  It’s what we know, so it will help with any troubleshooting down the road.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Your picture shows some drivers inserted incorrectly and will destroy them (and maybe the boards) the second you power up.

I’m a full-time 3D modeling freelancer working mainly with Fusion 360 and Sketchup. So my main goal with this CNC will be just playing around and making some of the objects that I model in real life. If everything goes to plan I’m also thinking about bringing out some simple products for sale both in my local market and online(Etsy, eBay).

Awesome, welcome!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.