MK8 socks

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I bought three of these MK8 silicon socks from Alibaba. I only needed one. If someone has an MP3DP and an MK8 extruder and needs a sock, I’ll mail it to you in a regular envelope. PM me.

Bill
    Participant

I’ve been thinking of upgrading the E3Dv6 head I have on the MP3DP just so I could put one of the socks on. The E3D sock doesn’t fit their older heads, you have to have the new one with the different temp sensor.

Barry
    Participant

The hot end condoms do wear out over time.  I’m on my fourth on my e3d.

Dan
    Participant

What are they for?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

They keep the filamemt from sticking to the nozzle or heater block. They also insulate a bit, which keeps the printed parts from overheating and keeps the heater block at a more even temperature.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dan

Barry
    Participant

Helps insulate the hot end, and keeps filament from sticking to the hot end.  E3d started making them last year I think, and theirs actually cover the nozzle as well.  Usually makes for a cleaner print since the filament can’t stick to the nozzle and pull strings everywhere.  Like I said though, after a while the heat starts to degrade the silicone and it starts to crumble.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dan
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.