Mini Rambo swap z and y

New Home Forum LowRider Troubleshooting – LowRider Mini Rambo swap z and y

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeffeb3 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dixon8322
    Participant

Is there any way to swap the z and y and use y and extruder with endstop to auto level z and manually adjust y on mini Rambo

Jeffeb3
    Participant

If you just want to have dual endstops on Z, then you don’t have to swap anything, just enable DUAL_Z_MOTORS and DUAL_Z_ENDSTOPS in Configuration_adv.h. That’s for homing to Zmin. If you need to home to Zmax, then there’s a little more to it.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Oh, and you have to disable the E0, by moving it’s pins to something else and then make a dummy E1 with the pins from E0.

Dixon8322
    Participant

that’s what I thought I was confused on how the stepper driver was able to stop output to one motor while still powering the other being as there is only one driver and 2 outputs so z y  and x can all essentially home to the min as the home im just tired of squaring it all up before each cut

Jeffeb3
    Participant

that’s what I thought I was confused on how the stepper driver was able to stop output to one motor while still powering the other being as there is only one driver and 2 outputs

Right. There are actually two features here. Dual motor gives each motor it’s own driver. But that’s not necessary. Dual endstops only does one thing, and that is allow the motors to move independently when they are homing so they each hit their stop exactly. Dual endstops only works if there are dual motors.

But the mini rambo has only 4 drivers. You can only do that on one axis.

Dixon8322
    Participant

I’m confused the z axis is series to 1 connector how AR the motors being limited wouldn’t you have to separate the z to independently stop each motor

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Yes. You can, with some work, connect one Z motor to the E0 port. Then attach separate endstops.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.