mini rambo mpcnc shortfalls

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC mini rambo mpcnc shortfalls

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 6 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

David
    Participant

So I purchased the mini-Rambo and read that it was not fully compatible with the mpcnc firmware after it shipped. What features am I missing out on? Should I return it for the full size rambo or another board?

Ryan
    Keymaster

It is fully compatible, it has 1 less driver than the Rambo board…That is the price difference.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Johnny
    Participant

I have the mini rambo in mine and it works great. I think the only “feature” to date that it won’t do is the dual endstop for squaring the machine. Would love to have this feature because its more CNC-like in my mind. But its certainly not a deal breaker. Just takes an extra min or two to set the machine up when you first fire it up. Other than that its all the same.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mark de Reeper
    Participant

Old thread but from https://www.v1engineering.com/mini-rambo-1-3/

The mini-Rambo has four drivers, this means no dual endstop firmware on this board with out some skills and an external driver.

I missed this also but there appears to be hope (my board is on its way already), any chance this additional driver info is documented somewhere?

Ryan
    Keymaster

There should be a pinout chart in the mini rambo wiki but you would also need to add the pins in the firmware.

Mike Thorn
    Participant

Hey all, has anyone found a way to add the extra driver for the mini rambo? I would like to run the endstops but the rambo was out of stock when I ordered so I got the mini. The machine is working fine just would be cool to have. Thanks.

Zsolt
    Participant

I would also be interested in the external driver setup

Ryan
    Keymaster

There should be a pinout chart in the mini rambo wiki but you would also need to add the pins in the firmware.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.