middle assembly bearing gap

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC middle assembly bearing gap

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alex Baril 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Alex Baril
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve noticed I have one bearing in my middle assembly that doesn’t contact the rail (see pics).  details of the build / things I’ve checked so far:

• printed parts purchased from Ryan
    • conduit measures ~23.3mm; have rotated, but no contact made
    • machine size ~ 30″x 30″ x 3.5″
    • diagonal measurements within ~1/16″
    • all tension bolts are loose; perhaps there is some combination I can tighten to adjust this?
    • square as far as i can measure

is there anything else I can check?  this is the only bearing that I can tell is not contacting the rail.  It’s not the end of the world, but it does account for some slop when the machine is cutting in the y-direction.

Thanks,

-Alex

Barry
    Participant

Probably tighten the long bolt a touch.  Won’t need much.

Alex Baril
    Participant

i gave that a try, tightened incrementally  until it was all the way snug (didn’t crack the plastic :P) but still the bearing was loose.

Alex Baril
    Participant

success!  i slightly tightened “tension bolt A” on that side, as well as rotating the bolt and nut on the problem bearing a bit (maybe they were a little eccentric, or the plastic had a blemish?) and that snugged it up.  thanks @Barry for the reply, i appreciate it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.