Mega & Ramps case for MP3DP

New Home Forum Milled Printed 3D Printer -MP3DP Advice – MP3DP Mega & Ramps case for MP3DP

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bill 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Curt
    Participant

Yes I am still using an Arduino for my printer, but since I had it on the shelf from a different project, I wanted to put it to use rather than buying something new.

I have seen a few good enclosures for the Mega/Ramps board in some photos but I can not seem to find any of them on Thingiverse.  If anyone can share a decent case for the MP3DP v2 with the controller mounted to the left side of the printer I would appreciate the help.  I also am running a display so it needs to fit over all three boards.

Bill
    Participant

I used Ryan’s on the last one I built.

J Smith
    Participant

I customized the Original-Prusa-i3-MK2S box to fit the RAMPS 1.4/MEGA boards. It’s on my to-do list to post a remix on Thingiverse. What do you mean by “I also am running a display so it needs to fit over all three boards.”.

Bill
    Participant

If you put a Mega2560, a RAMPS1.4 and a 12864 display all in the same box you need a different box than the one Ryan designed. The box will need to be taller in order to fit the display without bothering the Mega/RAMPS combo and it will need holes to match the screen and buttons.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.