Marlin gcode from Fusion 360

New Home Forum LowRider Troubleshooting – LowRider Marlin gcode from Fusion 360

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BT 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

William Milner
    Participant

Hey guys, I know F360 is not recommended but I have been using the program for years and am pretty comfortable with it. My last CNC used GRBL and Fusion would spit that flavor of code out with no issues. I really would like to not mess with the Board Ryan provided. Does anyone know a way to have Fusion program the cuts in Marlin?

Thanks in advance,

BT
    Participant

On the milling basics page https://www.v1engineering.com/milling-basics/ is a link to a Fusion 360 post-processor for Marlin.

2 users thanked author for this post.

William Milner
    Participant

Thanks BT, is there anywhere that shows how to make the Marlin an option to pick in the Fusion post processer? I have no clue what to do on the GitHub page.

BT
    Participant

Good question for me since I don’t use Fusion360 for CAM, just for the CAD.  So, here’s what I suggest.  First thing would be to download the post-processor from Guffy’s github and put it in a directory that you can find again.  The next step I’d take would be to read the post processor training guide (linked at the bottom of Guffy’s github) – looks like page 1-3 has the info on how to install the post processor in Fusion 360.  It also looks like Guffy has a sample configuration setup for his post processor.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.