Marlin crashes.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

JON
    Participant

hey all.

when i start a carve (generated by estlcam <5mb) it runs through a few motions then the rambo 1.4 reboots. What should i be looking for to find the cause?

JON
    Participant

Oh i should say im printing off an sd card.

BT
    Participant

Something like that used to happen until the rapids were adjusted to match what Ryan has in the milling basics page for estlcam settings.  (I recall that there were also some Marlin changes that reduced the likelihood of exceeding the maximum speeds that caused this particular problem.)

If it’s not the rapids, then check the power connections, something could be loose.

Guffy
    Participant

that’s easy to check if you can run gcode from a host pc via usb.
    1. run same gcode by usb. if it runs ok – then you have troubles with sd card itself or with sd slot\cables.

2. if rambo could run from 5V supplied from usb – try to run it with turned off power supply. it’s ok that motors don’t moving. you have to check firmware only. if ot runs ok – then you have issues in the your power supply.

Aaryn
    Participant

that’s easy to check if you can run gcode from a host pc via usb.

1. run same gcode by usb. if it runs ok – then you have troubles with sd card itself or with sd slot\cables.

2. if rambo could run from 5V supplied from usb – try to run it with turned off power supply. it’s ok that motors don’t moving. you have to check firmware only. if ot runs ok – then you have issues in the your power supply.

I agree with Guffy’s troubleshooting steps here.  It could be any of these issues.

I was just going to point out that I saw this happen once on a machine that had one of the LCD cables backwards so it would trigger the reset button a few seconds into a job. I forget the details as to what it was doing to trigger the reset but I saw it in a thread here a couple months ago.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Does it happen if you run my Crown gcode?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.