Manual joystick control fro MPCNC

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Hardware Development – MPCNC Manual joystick control fro MPCNC

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Armin Thinnes 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Armin Thinnes
    Participant

Dear all,

during the last few days, I have developed and worked on a solution to  easily home, move, and zero the MPCNC (with RAMPS and Marlin, sorry, not working on GRBL) without going through the crappy display menu. I thought, a joystick would be nice! And in my son’s arduino megaset, guess what I found! 😀

Arduinoo Nanos are also on stock so let’s go!

From the way how the ESP3D project is controlling 3D printers I knew it was possible to directly write on the serial port. So I tried this with the Nano and it worked! Just snd G28 X Y to the AUX-1 port and the machine homes like as if I had used the menu button (except for it doesn’t say user coomand executed. Yes Ryan, there is a typo in the firmware! LOL! Search for coomand!)

So I soldered the nano together eith the joystick module, some switches and some LED on a breadboard, designed a shabby but functional case for it and gave it a try. I like it!

The full documentation including all sources (software, wiring diagram and OpenSCAD file) resides on Thingiverse.

Her you can see the controller in action:

Some pictures:

IMG_20190204_203002-1
    IMG_20190204_203049-1
    IMG_20190204_203234-1
    IMG_20190204_214921-1
    schaltplan_Steckplatine-1

If you have any comments, please let me know.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Armin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.