Major LR2 Dilemma

New Home Forum LowRider Advice – LowRider Major LR2 Dilemma

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 1 month ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

frosty
    Participant

I’ve been collecting parts for my LR2 since last July and finally started printing parts last week. I’ve got the YZ parts complete (in a light gray) and will either do the X carriage in red or orange (need to see which looks better).

Here’s my dilemma though: What do I call this thing?

My initial thought was to christen it “The Creeping Terror” since it, you know, creeps along the table and this build has been creeping along for 14months at this point, and I used to be a big MST3K fan. However, since I ended up doing most of the parts in gray and I live in the hometown of Red Grange I thought that “The Galloping Ghost” might be more fitting and I sort of like the absurdity of saying the machine ‘gallops’. Finally (and going back to the funny movies) there is “The Silver Hornet” from The Revenge of the Pink Panther.

The project is at a standstill until I can get this figured out ( 😉 ) Any advice.

frosty
    Participant

This is what the existing parts look like.

IMG_20190916_082418137

K Cummins
    Participant

“Blue Wheels of Lightning”

Sorry, you asked advice from an absurdist… 😉

frosty
    Participant

“Blue Wheels of Lightning” has an “AliExpress item description” ring to it which I happen to like (especially since I sourced a lot of the components from that site…

Mike Atencio
    Participant

Gray ghost.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Cyberman…Err CyberRouter?

BT
    Participant

Going with the CyberRouter theme, how about War Machiner?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I’ve had 99 red balloons stuck in my head since reading this, BT…

BT
    Participant

Lol.  I had a good laugh when I read your post @jeffeb3, since I thought of the Avenger War Machine when I saw the picture (thus war machiner).  In a typical fashion only available since the invention of google and the interwebs, I looked up the history of the song 99 red balloons and learned something new.  I never paid attention to the lyrics and 35 years after I first heard the song I find out it is about the absurdity of a war starting over balloons.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Funny enough, it plays on my pabdora station, or else I would have mostly forgotten it. “The War Machine Springs to Life” feels pretty appropriate when it lifts off it’s base.

Barry
    Participant

I like how the prop department just phoned it in on the guy on the right.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unx01DI6btE

frosty
    Participant

Well my final color scheme may be decided by the fact that the spool of red doesn’t want to stick to the bed at all (but the orange is more than happy too. So advantage: Galloping Ghost at this point…

David Walling
    Participant

Dang. If you got the red going, you could go with a cylon theme.

(just finished the entire Battlestar Galactica for the second time)

Barry
    Participant

The good version, or the new one?

K Cummins
    Participant

The one with the cool Starbuck… 😀

Barry
    Participant

The one with the cool Starbuck… 😀

Gotcha!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.