LowRider CNC- Full sheeter

New Home Forum Updates LowRider CNC- Full sheeter

Tagged: 

This topic contains 84 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 61 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

I should have the parts for sale soon.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

With these new parts, I would need 2 spacers, and one of each of the corners, but doubled, because that’s just for one side, right?

Ryan
    Keymaster

yes, times 2.

Travis Putman
    Participant

Does this use the same Arduino/Ramps as the MPCNC? Is the Z-Axis still a threaded rod or lead screw? I just purchased the MPCNC kit and I think I want to make this instead.

Good bye warm garage parking. Looks like I will be parking outside for the rest of the winter… 🙁

Ryan
    Keymaster

Ramps or whatever.

z axis is 2 leadscrews.

Ryan
    Keymaster

As the BOM is getting finalized, it is looking like $350 for the hardware kit including an LCD (kinda vital). Bummed. I thought for sure it would be much closer to the MPCNC.

Not sure about the printed and cut parts yet. Less printing, but cnc time is more expensive, I can’t run it all night unattended.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Interesting. I would have guessed it was close too. Which it’s pretty close, if the $350 includes the LCD. It also has 2 lead screws, and some goalie wheels.

Is the reason the LCD is vital is because the machine can’t easily be moved? Or is it hard to keep a computer connected?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I would not want to have a laptop and a usb cable near this thing.

Wheels, spacers, leadscrews/nuts, couplers, LCD, more belt, 5″ & 4″ bolts… My next order I will try and renegotiate all my prices but shipping usually offsets it. I’m think I might have to go back to China in Feb/March and just fill a small container, even that takes a huge order to offset the flight and hotel cost.

I am at an odd spot where I would have to kind of double sales to get things cheaper, but then I would need full time help which is not free. The business end of this is getting very complicated.

doc
    Participant

maybe you could offer a preorder of sorts prior to your trip to china?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Pre-ordering would stress me out, that would feel like being in debt!

I need to find someone that I can trust that knows this kind of stuff. Robo came into a large chunk of kickstarter money so there problems were different when they first got started and it lead them to being sold a few years later. I would rather keep my company. I guess just slow and steady deal with the growing pains keep improving on any aspects that I can, and be fair and honest with my products and prices is all I can do.

Walter
    Participant

Keep the MPCNC sales going, offer the simple bundle for anyone who wants to get into this one, and maybe the skate wheels. let the end user decide on the level of difficulty. if they want to go ful sheet, then they can part out the rest. no one is forcing you to sell everything, or grow bigger than you feel comfortable with. just take it one step at a time.

amarillo verde rojo
    Participant

How do you evict that the mechanism move itself in the way that the image shows with the arrows?
    I append the image of the piece in a red circle who evicted the movement of the PrintrBot Crawlbot but I can not see which piece do the same work in the LowRider CNC

Ryan
    Keymaster

Maybe this will make it more clear.

LowRider CNC

amarillo verde rojo
    Participant

But it is only the friction of the wheels what prevents it from moving and stop with the base?

Barry
    Participant

Oh, I see what he’s asking. What’s keeping the side assembly’s from moving side to side along the X axis during cuts?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hmmm, well I think it is a two fold answer.

Hopefully the grip from the 4/8 wheels is doing that. Just in case the z rails can actually be set to slide along the table. Make sense?

amarillo verde rojo
    Participant

Hi
    I have a question
    I was watching the page https://jscalc.io/calc/JDMsz9ediG9bvm3E “inch calculator”
    but I think that it has an error in the next image I rounded with red color
    it says “2X’s Lead Screw Length (min)” but I think that is 2Y’s Lead Screw Lenght (min) because they are for Z axis

am I right?

Attachments:

Bill
    Participant

In this case you can think of the “2X’ as ‘two times’. In other words you need two of the lead screws. It doesn’t actually tell you where the lead screws are used. Another instance of English being imprecise.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I’ll make it lowercase. Sorry I hate typing on anything other than a typewriter….I miss whiteout.

Dui, ni shuo de dui
    Participant

@vicious: Well… I’m in China, lived there for the past 10 years, and I know these things pretty well. Maybe I could help if you want 🙂

Bill
    Participant

I’ll make it lowercase. Sorry I hate typing on anything other than a typewriter… I miss whiteout.

I’ve found that whiteout just doesn’t work well with any of my monitors… 🙂

Ryan
    Keymaster

Dang this was a much tougher road than the MPCNC but finally got it all sourced and ready for sale.

Barry
    Participant

Nice! That reminds me, I need to get a fan.

amarillo verde rojo
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering, do you have the firmware marlin for 2004 lcd? for lowrider cnc

Ryan
    Keymaster

You can just change what screen you want to use in the config.h file in the firmware. If you need help I can make the changes if you can wait until I get out these backorders this evening, and post a pic of your screen.

Viewing 25 posts - 61 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.