LowRider enclosure for noise reduction

New Home Forum LowRider Advice – LowRider LowRider enclosure for noise reduction

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alex 3 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Alex
    Participant

I’ve ordered the bundle for the LowRider and it’s on its way. Meanwhile I want to start building an enclosure. It will be much smaller than it can, since I currently only want 2 ft by 2 ft of usable space. For the height of the enclosure, does 2 ft sound like enough? If I want 3.5 inches of usable Z height, then I’ll need to use 1 ft rods, then an additional 8 inches for the router, then maybe 2 inches of space between the rods and the bottom of the enclosure, so 2 ft sounds to me like it would be enough.

The reason I want an enclosure is to reduce noise since I am currently living in an apartment with an attached garage and don’t want to get noise complaints from neighbors. I’ll probably be looking to get a house late next year, and when that happens I’ll be able to ditch the enclosure and just replace the horizontal rods on the LowRider with longer ones.

Alex
    Participant

Actually, I forgot to account for the Z height, so 2 ft is probably too short. I’ll need to go with 2.5-3ft.

Barry
    Participant

Crap.  My enclosure is too big!

Ryan
    Keymaster

But does it have solar……or is it still raining?

Barry
    Participant

They came out this morning, snowed last night…  That’s try #5!!  Don’t know when the next try is going to be yet.  Power company swapped out the meter yesterday, so we have one of those fancy ones that have a reverse gear now.  The cut off breaker and inverter is already attached to the barn, just need them to come out on a good day.

Ryan
    Keymaster

So frustrating.

Alex
    Participant

Must be nice having a whole barn to work in and nobody around Barry. So do you guys think 2.5 ft or more will work?

Barry
    Participant

Probably.  I’d wait until you have it built before buying parts though.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Alex
    Participant

Okay, thanks Barry.

Barry
    Participant

The hardest part is it’s going to have to enclose the whole table.  Will be interesting to see what you come up with!

Alex
    Participant

I’ll make sure to take pictures as I build it and then create a post about it in the builds section.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.