Looking for crown test feedback

New Home Forum LowRider Troubleshooting – LowRider Looking for crown test feedback

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Andrew
    Participant

Hey guys, this is my first post in a really awesome community.  First of all, thank you Ryan for designing something so exciting, and letting everyone else join in on the fun by releasing the plans and info you worked so hard on. Anyways, I just finished my LowRider build a few days ago, and have been trying to dial in my crown test. At this point, I’m not sure if any of these inconsistencies I’m getting are with the pen mount system or with my actual CNC control setup. Looking forward to dialing this in and hopefully running some test cuts in foam soon!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Probably the pen mount. Mostly, the machine will be right on, way off (like 2x, or a straight line instead of a circle), or off by some amount of flex (the pen mount flexing, or a bit/workpiece flexing).

Since it’s basically got the shape, it’s not losing steps, and the steppers are quite accurate. It could be a belt tension issue, but since it’s a pen, that would be my guess.

If that was with Ryan’s gcode, then try to repeat it with your own estlcam gcode, or just use the same gcode with a bit in some foam. Foam is pretty safe (and super messy :D).

2 users thanked author for this post.

Andrew
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! I will be trying out some test cuts here shortly, and will report back. 😁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.