Let's try this again!

New Home Forum LowRider Your Builds – LowRider Let's try this again!

This topic contains 132 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

One nice thing about driving all over the place for work. I’m normally a little over an hour drive(one way) from there!

Ryan
    Keymaster

I can always hand deliver one on Saturday!

Barry
    Participant

I think I got it all straightened out! Was the arduino. I noticed when I first wired everything the z and x axis was reversed on the ramps, so z was in the spot labeled X and x was in z, didn’t think much of it at the time. With the new card, they are in the right spots, and so far it’s made it way farther than any of my last cuts. Probably would have finished the first cut, but the hardboard started warping and I really should have flipped it over before starting the last cut. One of the triangular pieces popped up and got caught on the gantry. Just to let you know, it can still pull itself apart when one side stops moving! I’m going to have to figure out how to put some kind of endstops on though. Rooky mistake and forgot to check Z heights, so second try it wasn’t cutting all the way through on one side. One side was a quarter inch higher than the other. When I stopped the cut the z fell into the hole it just cut and pulled the gantry sideways a millimeter or so, so when I told it to go back to 0, it was off just a tad.

Now I just need to flash the second card for my MPCNC and I’ll be all set!

Barry
    Participant

Jeffeb3
    Participant

It was the arduino, huh? Weird.

Are you making a MP3DP? What thickness is that hardboard?

Barry
    Participant

Probably not, I just wanted something simple to cut out! It’s quarter inch, all the leftovers from the table top.

Barry
    Participant

So I thought my table had a bow in it.  Just picked up a 4 foot level to use as a straight edge.  The corner I call home on the table was a tad low.  Used a piece of quarter inch plywood and about half of a wooden shim to bring it up.  The other side was as flat as I could measure with the 4 foot straight edge.  It was actually flatter than I thought!

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Is your gantry flat? Level doesn’t matter as much as parallel to the gantry.

Barry
    Participant

Is your gantry flat? Level doesn’t matter as much as parallel to the gantry.

Yep, but the table had a crown to it.  The center was higher than the edge.  I want to do a big engraving, and need it to be parallel.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Cant wait to see it!

Ryan
    Keymaster

Are you doing a 4’x8′ portrait of me? Awesome!

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Are you doing a 4’x8′ portrait of me? Awesome!

I assume it’s a photomosaic of your face made from images of MPCNCs.

Ryan
    Keymaster

That would be too cool.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.