LCD case doesn't fit

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dan
    Participant

Hi again,

I printed the Full Graphic Smart Controller Case and the LCD can slide in, but you can no longer click the control wheel.  The plastic presses right up against the wheel.  Is there something I need to adjust?

Thanks,

Dan

Ryan
    Keymaster

Someone told us a trick if your knob is that loose. You can stick a little piece of cut off zip tie in there to stand it off enough to click.

Dan
    Participant

Hi,

My knob isn’t loose.  I pulled firmly on it and it didn’t come off.  Should I just pull harder or is there a chance I’ll break something?

Thanks,

Dan

Ryan
    Keymaster

As long as you pull straight out it should come off fine.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dan

Aaron
    Participant

Hi,

My knob isn’t loose. I pulled firmly on it and it didn’t come off. Should I just pull harder or is there a chance I’ll break something?

Thanks,

Dan

It’s “loose” because it went in all the way instead of stopping before the plastic part. Ziptie, or you can pry the split in the shaft open a little bit, but it’s easy to break that way.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dan

Dan Roesch
    Participant

Mine had the same problem. How I fixed it was sliding a little 1/8″ rubber spacer between the back of the PCB and the inside of the case right under where the knob is. By shimming it this way, it pushes the control board up higher giving the knob more clearance to be able to push down and click.

Dan

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Dan Roesch.

Dan Roesch
    Participant

Duplicate post

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Dan Roesch.

Dan
    Participant

Careful prying did the trick.  Thanks for all the advice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.