Jeffeb3's MP3DPV2 "The Sequel"

New Home Forum Milled Printed 3D Printer -MP3DP Your Builds – MP3DP Jeffeb3's MP3DPV2 "The Sequel"

This topic contains 139 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Jeffeb3 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Ooh, I hope not. It has been working and the PID numbers were similar to before. I’m also pretty sure I tested them with an ohm meter. I will triple check though. Thanks.

geodave
    Participant

Looks like you are using a Titan extruder.  Which mount are you using for that with the part cooler fan?  I saw that Ryan’s standard one works with the Aero or MK8.  I was thinking I might be able to modify that to work with my Makerfarm i3v.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Looks like you are using a Titan extruder. Which mount are you using for that with the part cooler fan? I saw that Ryan’s standard one works with the Aero or MK8. I was thinking I might be able to modify that to work with my Makerfarm i3v.

That’s the part I just designed. It’s similar to Erik’s Second one:

My TMC2130 build

I haven’t posted the files yet, I’m trying to make sure it’s working well first.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I ordered some Drylin bearings for both my printers, and with the TMC drivers, they are pretty darn quiet. The big fan I have cooling the electronics is definitely the loudest part (almost):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/E7EXcawwxKziXt7g9

geodave
    Participant

That is pretty quiet except crunching of the food.  I found this design on thingiverse that might be a good starting point for me to use.  It has the style fan I was planning to use also. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3197144

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Looks like a better starting point. The mp3dp has a little different mounting that some of those. The mount you found looks more like my wanhao duplicator i3.

Ralph
    Participant

Hi, that’s the Einsy Rambo 1.1 and not the Einsy retro, right?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Hi, that’s the Einsy Rambo 1.1 and not the Einsy retro, right?

That is correct. I meant to get the retro, but this is working fine. There 5V fans are the worst consequence of the Rambo.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Ryan, or others, do you use the lowrider cable tie inserts on the Y axis for the MP3DP? Mine had some slack today, so I tried installing these, which I’ve used before, but they are pushing the belt up enough to hit the part that holds the belt to the bed.

These inserts might work, but it’s going to be some serious work to get something printed (I was printing parts for the wanhao when I took apart the bed of the MP3DP), so I hope to get someone that says, “that’s what I use” before I spend a bunch of effort printing the wrong part.

Ryan
    Keymaster

My Y

IMG_20190103_161254

Mike @Pix2Proto
    Participant

I have to 2nd the 5v fan pains.  Other than that love my einsy!

Ralph
    Participant

Ok stupid question (actually me just being lazy and not researching it)…what’s the issue with the 5V fans?

My wife bought me an einsy for XMAS (actually I bought it and gave it to her to wrap and put under the tree?) .

Jeffeb3
    Participant

That’s how my Y was but when I tighten it, it keeps skipping at the loopbacks. I’ve always had this trouble … You don’t seem to have this trouble. I could either try your LR inserts, or make my little clamps a little smaller. The belt just seems to curl in too mich to get a good grip.

W.r.t. einsy, to be clear the retro has 12V fans, the einsy rambo has 5V fans. The 5V fans I bought are just lind of anemic. Maybe I just bought the wrong ones. Meanwhile, I have a 5 pack of 12V fans thay work pretty well in a bucket next to the printer… It makes sense to have their voltage be isolated from the driver power, which lets you run 24V easier.

Ryan
    Keymaster

You don’t seem to have this trouble.

You know what, it could be I use the tiny zip ties not just the large ones from the kit. Maybe the small ones curl better, I never thought much about it. The kit ones are 40lb the small ones are probably 10lb.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Well, since I can’t print anything to fix it, I’ll try smaller zip ties. The next smaller size I have are pretty small. They definitely break in my hand if I’m not careful.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I’ve got brand new belt too. I’ll replace that while I’m at it.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Two small ones, opposing directions. That is how I used to do it. Got lazy went to one.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I have some green ones I’ve been using that say 18lb. I think I got them from HD or Lowes. And I have some small white ones from alibaba or something.

IMG_20190104_103004

The small ones are working ok. Just did a big print and it was fine. They broke a lot while installing them. Hopefully they hold for a while.

IMG_20190104_104011

Thanks for the help.

Bruh
    Participant

@jeffeb3 Mind sharing your mount for the titan + bl touch? I’ve got an aero on mine and just got a touch in the mail. Might save me a bit of effort if they’re compatible.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

The mount is here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3397517

I bet it will work with almost any nema17 motor, but you’ll need a bit longer screws (I was already using a spacer that I just removed).

The problem is, the v6 hotebd sticks down about as far as the bltouch, so it works to mount them this way. With the titan aero, the bltouch will be way too low.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.