Jalisco, Mexico Build

New Home Forum LowRider Your Builds – LowRider Jalisco, Mexico Build

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BT 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Jesse
    Participant

Still needs proper Table with belts . Its going to be able to cut 4’x8′ so 56″x 111″. Still needs wire loom, hose for vacuum, aluminium L angle, and lcd case with clip.

Has Raspberry pi 3 with Octoprint and CNC.js.

Kinda dumb making the Table Top last but….

Barry
    Participant

Digging the electronics boxes.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jesse
    Participant

Should I put filters or some kind of curved top cover for the fans because of saw dust? I made the ramps case out of a waterproof box I bought off aliexpress that was too small for the project I bought it for but it was perfect for the ramps board with some modification. I figured I could just open and vacuum when need be.

Barry
    Participant

I don’t have any on mine. I just hit it with the air compressor every few projects or so.

Jesse
    Participant

Got the case for the lcd controller and replaced the knob with one I had lying around. And added status RGB lighting. Blue=Idle Red=Running Green=Job finished

Jesse
    Participant

Does anyone know how to use all 5 drivers without using endstops, with just a z-probe?

As far as I can tell there are only two options without modification 1. No endstops with 3 drivers. 2. Dual endstops with 5 drivers.

I have no problem modifying the firmware I’m no expert by any means but can figure it out for the most part with some google guidance.

Or will I be just fine using the 3 drivers and have extras?

the drivers are cheap but shipping from Ali to Mexico takes 3 weeks to 2 months and if me upgrading to 5 cuts down on replacing overworked drivers then it would be worth it.

Or if I keep them cool they last? IDK

I know I will have to order or build some wire extensions to take X and Z out of series if I decided to upgrade.

Looking for an experienced opinion.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Or will I be just fine using the 3 drivers and have extras?

No problems at all this way, plenty of headroom on all the drivers these days (series wired).

Does anyone know how to use all 5 drivers without using endstops, with just a z-probe?

You need to edit out the endstop stuff and re-flash the firmware. Not too big of a deal, but no differences.

Build looks good so far!

Jesse
    Participant

ok, I’ll trust your judgment and just leave it at 3.

Thanks for everything Ryan, I got into 3d printing in 2014 because of the Printrbot Simple kit. I love the concept of using cheap materials to build expensive things. All of your projects are amazing and simple. And in turn, created a great community I learned so much on this site alone.

I’ll be building the MP3PD next then a laser dedicated MPCNC.

I noticed on a video of the Lowrider you uploaded on youtube you have longer z rails than the default 3.5, I have been conflicted whether I should cut some longer rails to use the whole leadscrew or at least most of it. I think the max I could do with the 300mm leadscrews is 18″ of rails for 9.5″ of Z height. I know I would never use that much height but for just loading wood and safety (in case I mess up and go above the rail length and pop out of bearings) Or is the router weight an issue at heights above around 3.5″?

Ryan
    Keymaster

At the time I did not had a way to cut the stainless very well. It doesn’t matter though just adds a tiny bit of added weight.

hanks for everything Ryan, I got into 3d printing in 2014 because of the Printrbot Simple kit. I love the concept of using cheap materials to build expensive things. All of your projects are amazing and simple. And in turn, created a great community I learned so much on this site alone.

Awesome, thank you. I love learning this stuff and making more things, I just got lucky that so many of you do as well!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jesse
    Participant

What size hose fits the vacuum attachment?

Jesse
    Participant

and do I have the voltage on the pots correct?

My Steppers specs:

• Model Number:17HS19-2004S1
    • Phase:2
    • Step Angle(degrees):1.8degree
    • Holding Torque:84oz.in/59Ncm
    • Current / Phase:2A
    • Size:42*42*48mm
    • Shaft Diameter:5mm

With pot =.9*(stepper current/2)

I’m getting 0.9 volts for all three drivers in series. Right?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am not seeing your drivers listed but if you have DRV8825, 0.9V is a bit high you will need active cooling and a bit of luck to run them that high.

Jesse
    Participant

I do have the DRV8825 drivers. I do have active cooling. What voltage per driver do you suggest?

Jesse
    Participant

Found this!

https://v6zmvq5nk5.codesandbox.io/

A calculator with different driver options.

so will the steppers run fine with 75% capacity with 0.75 volts on the driver pots?

BT
    Participant

Should work fine.  Probably would work fine @ 0.7V, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.