It has been a year, beyond the 525…

New Home Forum Updates It has been a year, beyond the 525…

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Keymaster

Just sand or file it a tiny bit on the last 1″ or so, it is a tight fit so any slight inconsistency and it jams, no big deal.

Sean
    Participant

When using the T8 Lead Screw design do we still need to print the Nut Block?  I am in the middle of printing my parts and don’t have my tubes yet so I can’t really put it together to see if the nut lock is still needed.

Mike
    Participant

If you haven’t printed the nut lock, you can use 2 spacers for the T8 version. The nut lock and the spacer both have the same dimensions for separating the necessary parts though if it is already printed.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Sean
    Participant

Ryan,  I think it would be helpful to put this information on the printed parts page.  I found it in the assembly instructions while reading through them but I wasn’t actually sure while printing the parts since I had not gone through the assembly instructions yet.  Also, why are some parts on the printed grayed out on that page?

Page I am talking about: https://www.v1engineering.com/blog/parts/

Ryan
    Keymaster

The parts page says one nutlock and 1 spacer. That would work. It is hard to put all the information on every page no one reads it then. I will try to come up with an elegant way top add it but it rarely comes up.

As for the two colors they are for me and how I print the different colors in the kit.

Ryan
    Keymaster

To kind of give you an example the first sentence of that page describes what C, J, and F mean on the part sizes. It is on that page first sentence, on each thingiverse page, and in the instructions I get emailed about that constantly. Hard to balance information and information overload.

I have added a footnote.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.