September 22, 2019 at 6:44 am #115005September 22, 2019 at 9:21 am #115021
I’ve been using 70° under 3mm glass with painters tape. 195° extruder… 105% extrusion on the first layer, no fan until layer 3.September 22, 2019 at 9:38 am #115024
I’ve been using 70° under 3mm glass with painters tape. 195° extruder… 105% extrusion on the first layer, no fan until layer 3.
I do 60c for the bed on buildtak.
I don’t have a heated bed and the Makerbot print software is missing some of those settings (I can only make changes to general and first layer printing).
I’m a few minutes away from starting a new print with a raft. Maybe I’ll put down some painters tape before it starts.September 22, 2019 at 9:44 am #115028
The filament I was using before seemed to have some serious shrinkage issues. Those long arms on the XY part would crumple and lift off the plate. The stuff I have now seems much better, and the fit is a lot better, too.September 22, 2019 at 1:52 pm #115040
Try printing on blue painter’s tape. Get the wide stuff and put a layer down so the edges just touch. Then wipe it down with some isopropyl alcohol to remove finger oils, and rough it up a touch. Printing without heat is a pain in the ass.September 23, 2019 at 9:26 am #115119
Try a smallish part with just the tape. Personally, I loathe brims because I usually end up pulling off the outermost wall (or two) when I remove the brim. Especially when there’s a chamfer on the bottom of the part. If you have better experiences with them, feel free to ignore my commentary. That’s just my experiences. 🙂September 23, 2019 at 9:28 am #115121
Try a smallish part with just the tape. Personally, I loathe brims because I usually end up pulling off the outermost wall (or two) when I remove the brim. Especially when there’s a chamfer on the bottom of the part. If you have better experiences with them, feel free to ignore my commentary. That’s just my experiences. 🙂
Same problem here. All of my MPCNC parts are missing the outer wall on the bottom of the print. Oh well 🙂
All I have left are the XY_C parts and Tool mount.October 5, 2019 at 11:51 am #116819
Here is my latest successful print!
This time I used “IPG ProMask Blue Painter’s Tape”. Laid it out diagonally across my print bed and cleaned the surface with alcohol. I tested a couple other tapes but the adhesion wasn’t as good.
I encounterd one issue while printing but I was lucky enough to catch it about 1 minute before absolute failure. My printer was running out of filament and for whatever reason, when I pause a print or try to change filament it will cancel the entire build. It was difficult, but I had to hand feed the new filament into the motor while it was in the middle of printing…I had some trouble getting the motor to grab the filament, so there’s one layer missing about half of its infill. Good enough for me!
Thanks again for the help everyone.
Attachments:October 7, 2019 at 1:12 pm #117021
I’ve run into this issue after I’ve built an enclosure for my printer. The extruder motor would slowly heat up over time, and eventually put enough heat into the extruder gears to soften PLA filament. This resulted in severe under extrusion very similar to what I see in your pictures. Sometimes it would recover for some layers and then go back into under extrusion. It does look suspiciously similar to your second picture.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.