Issue Flashing Marlin on Mega 2560

New Home Forum Milled Printed 3D Printer -MP3DP Troubleshooting – MP3DP Issue Flashing Marlin on Mega 2560

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Dunn 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Daniel Dunn
    Participant

I was successfully able to flash Marlin onto my Arduino Mega 2560 R3 with the Ramps board. However, now when I plug it in via USB it no longer recognizes it on what was previously COM3. Any ideas for what may have happened?

Barry
    Participant

Your computer sees it as a new board, so it has a new com port.  Check your device manager and you’ll see which one it is now.

Daniel Dunn
    Participant

After I successfully flashed it, I connected the 12v 5amp power supply to it. Now Windows won’t recognize it as being plugged in at all. Did I potentially fry the Arduino?

Daniel Dunn
    Participant

Update: I got tired of futzing around with it and ordered a miniRambo from the shop. If anyone would like a potentially broken Arduino and a (hopefully) still working Ramps board with drivers, let me know.

Bill
    Participant
    After I successfully flashed it, I connected the 12v 5amp power supply to it. Now Windows won’t recognize it as being plugged in at all. Did I potentially fry the Arduino?

The 12V supply connects to the RAMPS, not to the Arduino. The Arduino only likes the USB power or a (9V maybe?) plug in supply. 12V will do nasty things…

Daniel Dunn
    Participant

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I connected the 12v adapter to the RAMPS board and had a USB connected to the Arduino. Now none of my machines will recognize it as being plugged in. Though, I am getting power across the potentiometers, so maybe my RAMPS board is fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.