Is it possible to use a Creality3D board to run the mpcnc?

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Hardware Development – MPCNC Is it possible to use a Creality3D board to run the mpcnc?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  c0 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Participant

Short story, I am replacing the main board on my Ender with an MSK Gen L card, and I have long wanted an mpcnc.

Ideally I could just use the old board to run the mpcnc, or will it be to weak in any way? There isnt a lot of memory on it, but it’s been enough for the Ender until now.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron
    Participant

It’s fine, same drivers as the Rambo, and more memory than an arduino uno, so yes, you can use it.

thesfreader
    Participant

Yes, I think so too. Should do the work. (But beware the missing bootloader and different UC on the Creality/melzi board)

Thomas
    Participant

UC?

I added a bootloader a while back so I should be good there thanks.

thesfreader
    Participant

Yeah, was looking for CPU … 🙁

Kurt Knopp
    Participant

Here’s a possible fly in your ointment:  how many motors does the Ender have?  I have an Ender 3 and my board has room for 4 motors – X,Y,Z and E.

MPCNC has 2X, 2Y, and Z.  That’s 5, right?

Barry
    Participant

Only if you’re doing dual end stop.  Otherwise X and Y are wired in series, and Z is all by itself(and lonely…).

c0
    Participant

MKS Gen L boards offer improvements over Creality’s Meizu board and is reasonably priced ($20 USD).  A popular mod is to replace the stepper driver board with TMC2208 trinamic drivers (to make printer more silent and perhaps improve the print quality).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.