If I wanted to change from MPCNC to a Lowrider…

New Home Forum LowRider Advice – LowRider If I wanted to change from MPCNC to a Lowrider…

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Atencio 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Mike Atencio
    Participant

I built the MPCNC but really wanted the Lowrider for its size. How much of the MPCNC can be used to make the Lowrider? Or better what parts do I need and will my Rambo board work for both machines? I have the Dewalt 611, can I use that for the Lowrider?

Thanks

1 user thanked author for this post.

kd2018
    Participant

You can reuse all the electronics, motors, wiring, and bearings. Might need longer wiring though for a bigger table. The default mount for the lowrider is a slightly bigger DeWalt router than the little dw660. But if you can make a mount for it you can put whatever you want on the lowrider.

None of the printed parts can be reused. If you used the 23.5mm od conduit then you won’t be able to reuse that.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Mike Atencio
    Participant

Hey KD,

Thanks. Good to know I can reuse the electronics. Bummer about the Dewalt but what the heck, I’ll get a better spindle. (What’s a good high powered spindle for this? I’ll be making furniture and the spindle needs to be powerful enough to do the carving work easy and last a long time.)  I think I can print the plastic parts here so is it a matter of buying a hardware kit and drive belts?

Thanks for the feedback.

kd2018
    Participant

Sorry, I don’t have any experience with other routers myself so I can’t answer that. I’m building a lowrider2 but rigging it with a plasma cutter.

Oh, and don’t forget to cut the flat parts out with the mpcnc before you recycle it.

BT
    Participant

The standard mount (611 plate 2) fits the Dewalt DWP611 router and base, which works great because the router can be removed from the base to make changing bits easier.  Additionally, the base lets you adjust the height of the router so you can tweak the bit height.

Mike Atencio
    Participant

Plasma cutter? Very cool. How much was your cutter and where did you get it at?

Mike Atencio
    Participant

I have one on my MPCNC and that’s what I did. Took off the base and used it as is. But, will it work on the Lowrider? Is there a Thingyverse adapter for it? I didn’t see one.

Mark
    Participant

Big thanks to the OP. I was going to ask this very same question.

Mike Atencio
    Participant

OP?

Mark
    Participant

OP?

Original Poster.

I.E. – You

Mark
    Participant

Like an OG. But fewer gunshots. And probably strippers.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Mike Atencio
    Participant

I figured it was me but didn’t figure out the acronym. Got it, lol

Barry
    Participant

I have one on my MPCNC and that’s what I did. Took off the base and used it as is. But, will it work on the Lowrider? Is there a Thingyverse adapter for it? I didn’t see one.

No adapter needed, the lowrider was designed to use the 611.  The mpcnc was designed to use the 660.

Mike Atencio
    Participant

My mistake. I have the Dewalt 660. not the 611. I should have asked if the 660 has an adapter. It’s been a long week.

Barry
    Participant

I’ve not seen one.  It would be a bitch to swap endmills on.

Mike Atencio
    Participant

Better to buy the 611 instead

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.