I need some suggestions here, impersonation?

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic I need some suggestions here, impersonation?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Guffy 4 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

I have been informed this person is calling people threatening to sue them over violation his patented design…recognize those pictures?

https://www.olx.kz/obyavlenie/frezernyy-stanok-s-chpu-na-zakaz-IDgHIZ7.html

https://www.instagram.com/lizard_workshop/?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1dh5y3ih7ijz5

Brandon
    Participant

What the… Is this the same guy that you mentioned was violating your license recently?

Barry
    Participant

Looks like he pulled them after reading your comments.  Instagram anyway..

Ryan
    Keymaster

I have been notifying everyone he stole pictures from, most of us have filed violations and IG pulls them within a few minutes.

I am not going to let this go, he has denied to prove he owns this but has demanded the other party meet him in person to give him money….Super sketchy and I want no part of this kind of crap. We will see where this goes I have contacted a few different people and that Russian site as well, but the language barrier is probably going to get in the way until I issue a DMCA.

Guffy
    Participant

Olx is a service of private advetisments. It operates in my country, in Kazakhstan (from where this guy is) and i heard in USA too. Try to check contacts on olx.com

Also you may try to champlain to Instagram support.

And send him message via Instagram.

“Дорогой друг!

Вы производите и продаете станки mpcnc. Конструкция станка является интеллектуальной собственностью, принадлежащей v1engineering.com. Вы нарушаете авторское право.

Пожалуйста прекратите это делать и удалите Ваши объявления.

Заранее спасибо”

That means “dear friend. You produce and sell mpcnc machines. The construction of the cnc is intellectuall property that belongs to v1engineering.com. you are violate intellectual rights law. Please stop doing this and remove your advertisements.

Thanks in advance”

2 users thanked author for this post.

Guffy
    Participant

On the olx owner of the advetisments is Maria. Her number is:Screenshot_20190416-224417_Chrome

Barry
    Participant

Yea, “Maria”.

Dakota Jim
    Participant

I wish it wasn’t so but I don’t think you will get much justice from him stealing your design. I went to Ukraine back in 04 and the blatant copyright and patent infringement was incredible (current movies in theaters in the US were available on dvd with bonus features for about $3 US. Fake Levi’s for $5, real Levi’s were about $120-$150). I can’t imagine it would be any better now that Vladimir is Donald’s hero. I can understand your frustration with him trying to attach an obvious scam to your design but that is a full industry over there.

Sorry

JMS
    Participant

It’s called DTDS for a reason. Please refrain from politics in this forum. It’s not the place for it.

JMS
    Participant

Don’t let on them Ryan. As much as possible anyway.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Thank you Guffy.

I am mostly worried about this person trying to extort money face to face or worse.

Guffy
    Participant

Barry
    Participant

It’s called DTDS for a reason. Please refrain from politics in this forum. It’s not the place for it.

What the hell is dtds?

Guffy
    Participant

I have registered on olx.kz and sent her a message. lets wait for answer

olxkz1

Attachments:

Guffy
    Participant

by the way. i don’t want to teach you, but.. 🙂
    imho, Ryan, it would be best if you will add warning on home page and on first page of each project that you strictly do not allow to sell kits or cnc as a business.
    may be it’s a time to make it.
    and, may be, add additional page (if you ok to you) with some kind of rules of cooperation like licensing, royalty, franchising, etc.

JMS
    Participant

What the hell is dtds?

Trump Derangement Syndrome

I want to apologize for hijacking the thread. I hope this is the last post about this topic. Thank you.
    It will be from me.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Ryan, it would be best if you will add warning on home page and on first page of each project that you strictly do not allow to sell kits or cnc as a business.

I think something like this could be done tastefully. I know in the past there have been bad actors that even drove traffic here for support. So maybe a note to those customers to contact you if they purchased plastic parts from elsewhere to report it to you. I’m not sure how big you think this problem is. The first few sentences on a webpage are prime real estate and should probably reflect your priorities.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    JMS

Ryan
    Keymaster

I think just linking this page in the first few lines on each project should work? Maybe include the license symbol?

License

1 user thanked author for this post.
    JMS

JMS
    Participant

I think just linking this page in the first few lines on each project should work? Maybe include the license symbol?

License

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” title=”“License” — V1 Engineering” src=”https://www.v1engineering.com/license/embed/#?secret=jOhawsFxWI” width=”600″ height=”292″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”jOhawsFxWI” data-mce-fragment=”1″></iframe>

Ryan, letting you know in advance that I am stealing your idea for my own site 😛
    seriously, I really am.

JMS
    Participant

Ok, I took your wording of the license and applied it to my site.
    I made a few changes to the wording. So not exactly the same.

I am thinking that putting in the footer of every page should suffice.
    I put it at the top of my index page, but I am going to add it to the footer so that it appears on every page I create.
    That’s where the copywrite is, so, should be efficient?

have not uploaded it yet

Ryan
    Keymaster

No problem! Mine is linked in the footer of every page as well, but at the top of each project is a great idea..

JMS
    Participant

http://jvkmakerspace.com/

However, I have an issue. Not all of the pictures are from me. Attributes are given to V1, but not others. Not sure what their license is. I need to do my own research and possibly my own pictures and replace them.

Hopefully this will help others as well in what is kosher and what is not.

Barry
    Participant

What the hell is dtds?

Trump Derangement Syndrome

I want to apologize for hijacking the thread. I hope this is the last post about this topic. Thank you.

It will be from me.

Gotcha, don’t talk bad about the loony dude at 1400.  Got it.  😆 🙄

Guffy
    Participant

OLX shows that Maria had read my message and now the olx advertisement hasn’t photos at all and hasn’t link to instagram.
    Of course this doesn’t mean that they stop selling mpcnc – rest of the text still here. And now it’s just difficult to complain to support.
    Instagram account also haven’t been changed yet.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Awesome, thank you. It is a step in the right direction. I will file another complaint worded differently and not use the pictures as my proof.

Guffy
    Participant

so in contrast to me you didn’t forget to make screenshooths of the original advertisement )
    it’s good

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.