how to fix the material in the center of the table, according to you?

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC how to fix the material in the center of the table, according to you?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jutoto 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jutoto
    Participant

Hello

my workspace is quite big 100x80cm and I can not just use clamps at the table edge to hold the materials.
    I am looking for solutions to allow me to fix the material at the center of the table?
    Do you have ideas to propose to me?
    I thought to drill holes on a grid, every 10 cm but I do not know yet the diameter to make the holes and how to use them. with screws or bolts?
    It is not easy to consider going under to add a nut or something else …
    of course it would be to tighten a system of small table clamp …
    What are you using?
    thank you in advance

Bill
    Participant

What I like is the grid you suggest with captive nuts mounted to the bottom of the table and matching holes in the spoil board. I got something like this. 8mm is plenty big, 6mm would also work, I wouldn’t go much smaller.

Jutoto
    Participant

it seems good, I had not thought about this system insert. but even if there are claws to hold on to the wood, as they are below I would have to glue them.
    I have to find a metal-wood glue.

thank you

Josh
    Participant

I use t-track and 3/4″ whatever.  I asked Santa for a vice brake to bend hold downs.  Works like a dream.

Jutoto
    Participant

I use t-track and 3/4″ whatever. I asked Santa for a vice brake to bend hold downs. Works like a dream.

realy cool but what is the track height? because my table is 3cm height and if I dig more than 1/3it will be weakened. especially since there is 1.20m  of width…

Guffy
    Participant

Josh
    Participant

I use 5/8″ t track with 3/4 sheeting 5″ wide.  I like being able to easily change spoil board and infinite clamping options.  Cutting expensive hardwoods I try to reduce waste as much as possible and everything else I tried would tend to have clearance issues with the vac foot or the z rails hitting fixturing.  This method allows me to cut right to the edges.

Jutoto
    Participant

realy thank you all. I will try a mix of your ideas and give you the result when it will done…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.