How similar are the firmwares for MPCNC, MP3DP, and Lowrider?

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic How similar are the firmwares for MPCNC, MP3DP, and Lowrider?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Don
    Participant

How difficult might it be for me to build a single control box, that has a wiring harness on it, using like an atx power connector or something, to hook up the steppers and such.  Then I could just have a single control box and plug into each machine.  I could obviously just reflash for each one to do it, but are they close enough that it might be doable for me to make some modifications and use it for all three?

Ryan
    Keymaster

The only one that is different is the MP3DP, lots of firmware changes, and extra wires. MPCNC and LR2 no difference.

Don
    Participant

I figured for wiring, I could connect every pin on the controller board to a connector on… what ever style connector I could use that has enough pins.  Then for each machine, only wire the male end of that connector to use what it needs.  Even with having to flash firmware for MP3DP, it makes some economic sense for me to purse it.  The other day when it popped in my head, I made a parametric model of an Mini-fit Jr (ATX power), so I could just specify how many rows and columns I needed.  I have to adjust the dimensions, but I think I can make a custom plug that would work.

Barry
    Participant

Heh, cannon plugs on mpcnc’s.  That’ll make a shiver run down geneb’s spine!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.