Homing Time Out

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BT 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kyle
    Participant

Hi I have the Dual End Stop MPCNC, and was wondering if there was a way to adjust the homing Time out? If I do not have the Head close to the 0,0 the XY Homing Times out. Is there something in the firmware I need to adjust?

Any help is greatly appreciated

BT
    Participant

It’s a “safety” feature in the firmware and specifically associated with bed size to keep the machine from trying to home excessively.  So, you need to adjust the max X and Y bed sizes (lines .

// The size of the print bed
    #define X_BED_SIZE 200
    #define Y_BED_SIZE 200

I haven’t adjusted mine, I just move the gantry close and then hit home.  Or, I hit home multiple times.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Kyle
    Participant

Ok thanks.  Any tips on where to start looking to edit the firmware? I’m still new with these control boards

Barry
    Participant

It’s in config.h I believe.  Just search for X_BED_SIZE.

BT
    Participant

Barry is right, the file is configuration.h.  I thought I had added that when I responded, but I must have had a senior moment.

Ryan has a good firmware page under Home, Information that provides the basics for the firmware and how to flash your controller board.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.