GT2560 – Marlin with dual endstops

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC GT2560 – Marlin with dual endstops

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sören 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Ales
    Participant

Hi all,

I have built an MPCNC and now i’m facing the task of compiling and flashing the Marlin firmware. I have a dual endstop setup, and i’m trying to compile Marling (the dual endstop version) for the GT2560 Rev A+…

Atm it’s complaining that “No E stepper plug left for Y2!”..

Any advice/instructions?

Cheers,

Ales

Erwin Vigilia
    Participant

You might be using the wrong target type for your Arduino compiler, it’s checking to make sure your hardware can support 5 steppers (and based on your error message, it’s not liking what it’s seeing).

Ales
    Participant

I think i figured it out.. followed the description on the v1engineering page wrt dual endstops.. so i basically renamed extrude 0 to extruder 1 and extruder 1 to extruder 2.. then defined a “fake” extruder 0 using some, what i think are unused, pins..

What confuses me atm is that pin assignments in Marlin’s pins_GT2560_REV_A.h differ from the ones on the schematic found here: http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/images/d/d3/Hardware_GT2560_RevA%2B.pdf

Can anybody explain that? example: X_MIN_PIN is defined as 22 in Marlin.. but the schematic shows X_MIN connected to pin 78.. weird..

So once i figure out which 3 pins are unused on the Mega in GT2560 REV A, i’ll be set to go.. i think..

Cheers,

Ales

Erwin Vigilia
    Participant

Good luck! By the way, you shouldn’t need to rename or reassign pin numbers unless Geetech wired their version of a Mega + RAMPs differently.

Ryan
    Keymaster

For the dual you do need to change the pins. I move E0 to fake empty pins and add a E2 to the E0 pins. Marlin does not currently allow for 0 extruders but it is slowly being implemented.

Erwin Vigilia
    Participant

For the dual you do need to change the pins.

I didn’t change any pins and the dual endstop feature is working as adverstised… am I missing something?

Ales
    Participant

Hi all..

Yes, it turns out i forgot about the Mega2560 to Arduino pin names mapping.. see https://reprap.org/forum/file.php?1,file=17497,filename=PinMap2560big.png ..

And also, yes, GT2560 is compatible with RAMPs.. so.. almost good to go 🙂 now for testing.. will be reporting soon.

Cheers,

Ales

Sören
    Participant

Hey Ales,

I face the same problem, the image you linked does not work as the files cant be referenced directly, can you provide a link to a page where the image is embedded, I couldn’t find any in their search.

Or you post which Pins you used, much simpler for me 😉

Regards Sören

Ales
    Participant

Hi Soren..

So what i ended up doing is using the GT2560_REV_A_PLUS board pin assignments.. In configuration.h you specify the motherboards as BOARD_GT2560_REV_A_PLUS, i thing (please verify in boards.h).. And the in pins/pins_GT2560_REV_A_PLUS.h i used the same trick as they did for the RAMPS board.. i renamed E0 pins to E1, E1 pins to E2.. and recreated E0 pins, where all E0 pins get assigned to pin 70..

And it seems to work 🙂

If you need more help i can send you the entire package..

Cheers,

Ales

PS: Sorry for the late reply.. was away for a bit..

Sören
    Participant

Hey Ales,

thanks a lot for your reply, this is what I assumed and tried for myself, but I’m still missing some wires at my build and could not verify that it works.

Sören

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.