Grand plans for an update… not so much. *LR2 Released*

New Home Forum LowRider Hardware Development – LowRider Grand plans for an update… not so much. *LR2 Released*

Tagged: 

This topic contains 418 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Joe 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 391 through 419 (of 419 total)
  • Author

Harald
    Participant

Having problems finding 1″ here also – are there plans for a 25mm version?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am hoping to release it today.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Jeffeb3
    Participant

When are you coming out with the 0.984″ version?

Kevin Lopez
    Participant

What about the 2.0019″ version?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Shhhhhhhhh, shhhhhhhhh

Dave C.
    Participant

What makes the 25mm version different (other than the 0.4mm 😛 ) from the 25.4mm one? Would the 25mm version allow me to use the same tubes as I have on my MPCNC?

Barry
    Participant

What makes the 25mm version different (other than the 0.4mm ? ) from the 25.4mm one? Would the 25mm version allow me to use the same tubes as I have on my MPCNC?

1 inch tube is hard to find in some countries.  Their closest equivalent is 25mm.  The problem is the size is enough to not work with the 1 inch version, so Ryan has to redesign the parts with that diameter tube.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

It used to be called the international version.

Geoffrey
    Participant

First batch of new wheels are due Saturday. My previous supplier has my money, emailed to say he didn’t have the whole order, I asked for the partial to be shipped, and here we are a week later with zero updates or a tracking number for a very large amount of hockey wheels. I might have pissed of Canada….

Dave C.
    Participant

It used to be called the international version.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. So I should stick with the 25.4mm files i guess.

Mike
    Participant

Just checking if there are any more versions of the LR2 in the works before I start printing the parts for the 25.4. Thanks!

Ryan
    Keymaster

No, just the two sizes for now.

Mike
    Participant

No, just the two sizes for now.

Cool, thanks for the update, and thanks for all of your work on such amazing designs!

Kirt
    Participant

Any hints when the next lot of flat packs are up, I keep missing them, stupid Aussie times! haha. got the money here and I’m ready to hit that buy button.

I assume there is no pre-order or backlog option so you don’t get overrun? haha.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I had them in stock for almost a week solid. I try to make a set or two everyday, in the evenings.

Pre-orders have been nothing but a nightmare for me on this end. I do not foresee doing that again.

Kirt
    Participant

Don’t stress, I probably missed them in stock since I have been going through a big change at work the last few weeks. I will keep an eye on it every arvo. You are in the US correct? Just trying to work out the best times to check in haha.

Barry
    Participant

UTC -7 For California, if that helps.

Kirt
    Participant

Cheers, all over it this morning, ordered everything I needed. 🙂

Tuur
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

The lowrider 2 looks great, so much so I would like to build one here across the pond.

Are you planning on selling printed parts for the 25mm version?

Regards, Tuur

Ryan
    Keymaster

I need to slice and print some 25’s, not sure why I haven’t.

nmar
    Participant

Has anyone 3d printed the “cut parts” (611 and the Y plate)?  Wondering if it is possible or should I just find someone who has extras since I dont have a CNC yet.

Mapletag
    Participant

I was going to try to print mine since I’ve been having some trouble trying to source them locally. I took the *.dxf files converted them to *.svg and extruded them to 6.4mm for the 611 plate and 12.7mm for the Y plates. However, from the measurements, you’ll need a 300x300mm bed to print them in one piece, and I intend to print them with 2mm thick walls and a heavy infill to attempt to keep it as rigid as possible. Then when I have the machine build, make it mill it’s own replacements.

The other thing I thought about doing if I couldn’t print them (or if the bed was too small) was cut the plates into manageable pieces and attaching them with carpet tape to the proper sized MDF. Then using a flush trim router bit and a router table to cut the outside profile, then using transfer punches through the holes to mark them for the drill press.

Lastly, you could always convert the *.dxf to a properly scaled *.pdf, bring that to a kinkos or print shop and have them print it full scale, cut it out, then using spray adhesive, stick it the the mdf and using a bandsaw/jigsaw/coping saw to get close to the lines, and using a sander to finish the profile. Again, using a drill press to do the holes.

Frederik
    Participant

I did go the flush cutter route. Make sure to use one with a bearing for where it touches the PLA template. Otherwise the friction will destroy it.

I just uploaded my template with some instructions here.

nmar
    Participant

I do have a 300 x 300 bed, but I just ordered some from Andrew on the forum.

Thanks

Bill
    Participant

I just ordered a couple of 300×300 magnetic build surfaces. I’ll trim 80mm off one to fit the 300×380 we’re using on the MP3DP XL. :The new magnetic surfaces seem to be a nice way to go, like Prusa did with their latest.

Joe
    Participant

Noob here.  I have access to a cnc plasma cutter and was wondering if there was much of a difference in performance over using wood.  I understand the weight difference, but would like to know if that is the only issue or if there might be others.

Any help is much appreciated.

M

Ryan
    Keymaster

MDF seems to be the best option at this point. Good rigidity/weight.

Joe

Joe
    Participant

Sounds good.  Thank you.

Viewing 29 posts - 391 through 419 (of 419 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.