Grand plans for an update… not so much. *LR2 Released*

New Home Forum LowRider Hardware Development – LowRider Grand plans for an update… not so much. *LR2 Released*

Tagged: 

This topic contains 418 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Joe 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 419 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yup sexy pictures of hot colors and exotic wood will do that!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Kirt
    Participant

I keep missing those parts haha, I saw them available once, but then sold out fairly fast. I’ll get a set eventually.

I have a question while I wait, I was reading through the parts and assembly page, and notices this line “Ideal table thickness is 4″ or less.”. My plan was to use some engineered timber I have laying around for the two end rails, but they are 150mm. Is the 100mm limit todo with something hitting the side if you go lower. From the images I can only assume the bottom rollers will hit the sides of the timber

Kirt

Barry
    Participant

Yea, the lower bearing holders stick in enough to drag the table sides.  I got around this by using uni-strut as my rails.  I think my table is almost a foot thick.20180721_140607

4 users thanked author for this post.

Kirt
    Participant

Thanks Barry, I think I have some 90mm laying around, ill see what I can find.

Just sitting here refreshing waiting for those parts to come in stock haha, asked a local place for it done, they wanted $250… pfft.

Kirt

Brad Parler
    Participant

Here are my plates assembled. Now i need to build my table. And get even more motors.

Hope you guys will allow a dumb question – still learning as fast as I can.
    Sent the DXF files off to see about replicating what Mitch did (and find out the costs locally).

The DXF files for the flat parts are in millimeters, right?
    Cheers, bp

Mitch
    Participant

Original file units are in mm. If you need these converted as my machine shop needed i can send you a DXF that is in inches.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Someone should make and sell three kits of flat parts, with the agreement that each of them make and sell three kits of flat parts, etc. It will be like a chain letter, but for home manufacturing.

Mitch
    Participant

Jeff that would be a REP RAP CNC. Pretty sure that was the original idea for the rep rap 3d printers. except you were supposed to give 2 sets of printed parts away.

If this is stepping on your toes Ryan please let me know and i will remove them.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

You can post them as a .zip file.

Mitch
    Participant

You can post them as a .zip file.

Thanks Jeffeb3 edited last post.

frosty
    Participant

Ryan,

Your Amazon links on the parts page link to .049″ wall tubing, but the main page talks about using .065″ (and I believe you recommended that in another thread).

Is .049″ suspected or known to be too thin to work well at 48″ working width (60″ total length)?

Kirt
    Participant

Someone should make and sell three kits of flat parts, with the agreement that each of them make and sell three kits of flat parts, etc. It will be like a chain letter, but for home manufacturing.

I would actually be totally  down with this haha, Living in Australia, everything jumps in price a little due to the lack of availability (Especially in the small town im in).  You would just need to create a peer shop system that lets you order from the closest available member haha.

Kirt

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am headed out to cut a few more sets.

If you can start a chain that would be awesome. I am working on making the flat parts more available….soon.  I have been feverishly trying to get more parts. I have not had these kinds of supply issues in a while, lame.

Mitch
    Participant

If you can start a chain that would be awesome. I am working on making the flat parts more available….soon. I have been feverishly trying to get more parts. I have not had these kinds of supply issues in a while, lame.

Hey would a group buy be in order ryan?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Ryan, Your Amazon links on the parts page link to .049″ wall tubing, but the main page talks about using .065″ (and I believe you recommended that in another thread). Is .049″ suspected or known to be too thin to work well at 48″ working width (60″ total length)?

Please always default to the website instructions and not the links. I have changed the link again but well see if it keeps changing, I will just take it down.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Hey would a group buy be in order ryan?

Well with your steel sample on the way (due tues) and some wheels from a new supplier. I hope this whole mess gets sorted out then. I don’t think a group buy is needed yet….Thank you though.

Mitch
    Participant

No problem. Waiting to buy wheels from you. I was going to buy them today but outta stock.

Ryan
    Keymaster

First batch of new wheels are due Saturday. My previous supplier has my money, emailed to say he didn’t have the whole order, I asked for the partial to be shipped, and here we are a week later with zero updates or a tracking number for a very large amount of hockey wheels. I might have pissed of Canada….

Kirt
    Participant

If you can start a chain that would be awesome. I am working on making the flat parts more available….soon. I have been feverishly trying to get more parts. I have not had these kinds of supply issues in a while, lame.

I’ll be watching like a hawk this time haha. Supply issues don’t worry me, means its a popular design, and I am patient. Once I get up and going i would be happy to cut a few sets for any Aussie members who come after me (Or anyone who doesn’t mind the shipping cost I guess).

Kirt

Jason Collins
    Participant

Barry, can you send me a photo of where the belts attach?  This part but from the opposite angle.

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

I just took pictures give me a minute to get it in the instructions page.

Ryan
    Keymaster

You can see them pretty good in the render.

You should be able to click to enlarge that if not you can on the assembly page.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Dui, ni shuo de dui
    Participant

The flat parts seem pretty easy to do to me, you don’t need any CNC or fancy tools.

Just print the shape on a piece of paper, glue this paper on your wood plank and use a jigsaw to cut it. Then drill the holes, a bit of sanding and you should be good to go. It can be pretty much as good as a CNC cut part if you take your time to do it well.

Barry
    Participant

Barry, can you send me a photo of where the belts attach? This part but from the opposite angle.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zXmAbDRWeg4et8LdA

The belt feeds through the rollers that aren’t attached in this picture yet, but you can see the mount points.

Here’s a better shot.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/72WFHLGngWemM7GM7

Martin
    Participant

Hi people. I’ve just joined forum and this is my first post. I’ve bought the LR2 and took delivery here in Australia 2 days ago.  I’ve unpacked my box of bits and – I’m excited!!, but I’m not sure I registered the new version had only 2 top wheels on the side panels (vs top and bottom wheels on LR1 side plates). Seems inherently weaker design?

Ryan, what’s the thinking here – is the LR2 design assuming that there’s sufficient weight in the x axis and router assembly to ensure router moves down and cuts sheet when Z lowered, instead of lifting assembly off the table? Thanks

Jeffeb3
    Participant

It definitely has more than enough weight to push the bit down. It shouldn’t be working that hard through the material.

Removing the bottom wheels means more options when construting the table and fewer parts.

You should make a post with the progress of your build. I know I’m not alone in enjoying the first build progress

2 users thanked author for this post.

JDGreen
    Participant

I apologize in advance but I couldn’t find the answer easily.
    I have my LR2 moving using a mini RAMBo.
    I want to use dual drivers and endstops on the Y axis and a single driver on the X and Z axes.
    I know what mods to make in configuration.h and configuration_adv.h
    Where I’m stuck is what changes I need to make to pins_MiniRambo.h to make E0 driver run the Y2.
    The compiler seems confused that I skipped the X axis and then ran out of extruder drivers for Y2.
    Or are there changes in other firmware files that I’m missing.

Any help would be appreciated

Jeffeb3
    Participant

You’ll make all the E0 pins 70 and make E1 pins set to what the E0 pins used to be. It will not touch the E0 pins and it will make the E1 pins used for Y2.

catohagen
    Participant

Got my kit 🙂

now I’m just eagerly waiting for 25mm version 🙂

SQLException
    Participant

now I’m just eagerly waiting for 25mm version ?

Same. Found a single shop in Germany that sells 25.4mm OD tubes – for like 10$ per foot. IIRC the price for 25mm when I built my MPCNC was like 2$/foot. So I was like nooooope.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 419 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.