Grand plans for an update… not so much. *LR2 Released*

New Home Forum LowRider Hardware Development – LowRider Grand plans for an update… not so much. *LR2 Released*

Tagged: 

This topic contains 418 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Joe 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 419 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Sorry I just put a set up and someone grabbed them already. See how many I can get done tomorrow.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I had a quote to get a bulk order milled to get me ahead so hopefully I could keep up after the first “rush” but they wanted $65 per set plus material and a delivery fee.

Mitch
    Participant

I had a quote to get a bulk order milled to get me ahead so hopefully I could keep up after the first “rush” but they wanted $65 per set plus material and a delivery fee.

What material were they qouting you? Gold perhaps…. want me to check with the laser cutter here for .120 mild steel? Bulk pricing is cheaper. Also if you are within a few hours of here i can just deliver them. I picked mine up today and everything fit great. I can talk to the shop tomorrow as i get off early if you would like. Let me know.

Edit: Below info added.

My .060″ SS set cost me $44

A set of mild steel in .060″ would have been $33 for the one off. Bulk pricing is for sure cheaper than this.

JJWHarris
    Participant

This has pushed me to sort out the MP3DP and now I’m ready to begin printing the V2 Lowrider..perfect time too, as I was doing some cuts on the OG Lowrider the other day and noticed a few parts that need to be reprinted and assembled.

If you need anyone to send parts out from NZ, let me know Ryan, I can probably cut a few sets this coming week.

I may also be checking out a full sheet industrial cnc this week and might need some practice cuts…

Kevin Lopez
    Participant

I can also supply cut parts most likely. I have never ever ever done wood on my mpcnc at all, but seeing as I have done aluminum extensively, this should be a breeze.

1 user thanked author for this post.

catohagen
    Participant

Ah crap, the kits are already gone 🙂

Mitch
    Participant

Here are my plates assembled. Now i need to build my table. And get even more motors.

Allison D
    Participant

Ryan,

I started printing the 7/14/2018 version of the files.  So far I’ve printed the Belt stop, hose bracket and lower Za/Zb brackets from the 7/14 file.  I don’t see any sort of revision history on the files so when I went to the 7/31/2018 I can’t figure out which are the latest parts that were modified. Is there any file history/part revision history or something that would indicate which parts out of the 7/14 file that are modified?  Would really like to not reprint all these parts if I can avoid it.

Thanks,

Allison

Barry
    Participant

Ryan,

I started printing the 7/14/2018 version of the files. So far I’ve printed the Belt stop, hose bracket and lower Za/Zb brackets from the 7/14 file. I don’t see any sort of revision history on the files so when I went to the 7/31/2018 I can’t figure out which are the latest parts that were modified. Is there any file history/part revision history or something that would indicate which parts out of the 7/14 file that are modified? Would really like to not reprint all these parts if I can avoid it.

Thanks,

Allison

As far as I know, the only parts that changed are the hose brackets.  Ryan added the vac duct that goes over the end of the router.  All my parts are dated the 13th except for a couple that I missed when I downloaded everything, they’re dated the 15th.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yeah if you guys want to cut a set, please do. Put them in the sale thread and I can link them from the store. That should get some eyes on them.

Mitch those parts look awesome. I looked into aluminum, but stainless would be better. Were those laser or waterjet cut?

I would love to get a bunch of at least the 611 plate but I think we can tune the vac port even better. I think I was a bit paranoid about pressure so we can choke it up further and closer to the router. As it is it works amazingly but I had a bit of dust left on the table yesterday.

Allison, whatever is on Thingiverse is current. From above the only thing I wouldn’t mind tweaking a bit is the vac port and 611 plate but as is 100% functional.

Mitch
    Participant

Yeah if you guys want to cut a set, please do. Put them in the sale thread and I can link them from the store. That should get some eyes on them.

Mitch those parts look awesome. I looked into aluminum, but stainless would be better. Were those laser or waterjet cut?

I would love to get a bunch of at least the 611 plate but I think we can tune the vac port even better. I think I was a bit paranoid about pressure so we can choke it up further and closer to the router. As it is it works amazingly but I had a bit of dust left on the table yesterday.

Allison, whatever is on Thingiverse is current. From above the only thing I wouldn’t mind tweaking a bit is the vac port and 611 plate but as is 100% functional.

Full laser. Headed to the shop right now to talk ab material costs for this. Alsoi am in northwest ohio. The shop i go to is in angola in.

Mitch
    Participant

Hey Ryan could you please email me at the address listed while making my acct here?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Adding a set to the shop, hope to get a bunch done tomorrow.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I just had a big ol case of the loose pulley…..that has got to be the most annyoying thing ever. As soon as I realized that it was always off by the exact same amount no matter how big the move, I knew what to look for.

Works like a champ now!

Mitch
    Participant

I just had a big ol case of the loose pulley…..that has got to be the most annyoying thing ever. As soon as I realized that it was always off by the exact same amount no matter how big the move, I knew what to look for.

Works like a champ now!

The guy that tightens those pullys should really be watched better…..lol

Kevin Lopez
    Participant

Yeah, maybe it was his assistant acting up again, much like the case of the loose belt. 🙂

Ryan
    Keymaster

Every time he hears the bud light truck drive by he runs after…good help so hard to find.

Allison D
    Participant

Those assistants. They just do the dumbest things all the time.  It’s astounding 🙂 lol

Ok, I’m getting ready to pull the trigger to buy the parts/etc.  I know the 3 wood pieces are out of stock at this point.  So a couple questions Note: I don’t have a CNC yet.  This would be my first.

1.  Ryan, when will the wood stock be in to order?
    2. If it’s going to be a while, those with a CNC machine currently in operation- would you be willing to make me 1 set at a reasonable cost with shipping?

Thanks,

Allison

Kevin Lopez
    Participant

I will be cutting my parts today, with the 611 plate being aluminum. I found a random 1/2″ piece of particle board that’s laminated white I can cut Y plates with. @Allison I can probably cut you and others some plates if necessary. But if Ryan is back in stock soon then it is better to buy from him of course.

Nicholai
    Participant

I also don’t have a CNC router yet. I’ve been thinking that I could make some temporary wood pieces with a jigsaw and drills and use those to make some nicer parts. It doesn’t look too hard to make the working pieces by hand. What do you think?

I can’t find 1″ steel anywhere, am I right that there will also be parts for 25mm?

Allison D
    Participant

I will be cutting my parts today, with the 611 plate being aluminum. I found a random 1/2″ piece of particle board that’s laminated white I can cut Y plates with. @Allison I can probably cut you and others some plates if necessary. But if Ryan is back in stock soon then it is better to buy from him of course.

Thanks Kevin.  Really appreciate the offer.  Let me see where Ryan is standing on potential stock and refills and we can go from there. SUPER appreciate it.

Thanks,
    A

Ryan
    Keymaster

I recently picked this up at HD along with a 5 gallon bucket.

Mike, I finally got my hands on one. This thing, So far, works way better than I could have imagined. About every LR2 set I was having to clean my vac as it was loading up the filters and not doing so well. Now, with this I haven’t really seen anything make it into the vac on a small test cut. I am going to cut another set in a few but I just had to stop and say thank you for the recommendation. Seeing it on the shelf it looks so cheesy I would have never bought it, but getting it home it actually has a Thien”?” plate in it, works too good.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Allison, cutting them and putting them up but they go in minutes…feel free to grab a set from anyone here.

Kevin, thanks!

Nicholai, 25mm parts when I finish the instructions. That gives us all a chance to critique this and me a short break from CAD.

Allison D
    Participant

Ryan,

Very much appreciate the answer on the forum and got lucky-  Kit is Ordered- TY!

And now for the next phase of losing my mind 🙂

catohagen
    Participant

Got a kit ordered 🙂

Im in Norway so I guess I end up using 25mm version………and got this splendid idea, that I can just print the 1″ (25.4 mm) and wrap a 0.2mm shim around the stainless pipe……..but then maybe 10 layers in, braincells where saying NOPE….its maybe all kinds of

interactions with ballbearings and other parts……so I guess I’ll wait for metric STL’s 🙂

Nicholai
    Participant

@catohagen I’m also in Norway. Where are you planning to buy the steel? I found these on Biltema, but they’re not stainless so I’m not sure if it’s a good solution or not? https://www.biltema.no/bil—mc/bildeler/Eksosanlegg/reparasjonssatser/stalror-2000038318

frosty
    Participant

Couple of typos here: https://www.v1engineering.com/lowrider-cnc/

cable_tie_insert was made to elevateeliminate the flex

I used some 2’x3′2″x3″ and 1/2″ particle board

Ryan
    Keymaster

Thanks Frosty. I suck at grammar.  Slowly get a tiny bit done on that page whenever I can.

So I think the parts have been up for roughly a week…uhhhhh I am almost out of stock on everything. Pretty much all three sets, hardware, flat, and printed have sold as much as the last LowRider did in 6 months….. and if it wasn’t out of stock I am sure we would keep going.

I thought I was running around like a madman, turns out I was. Thank you everyone for being patient, helping, and supporting me. This has been an eye opening week!

catohagen
    Participant

@catohagen I’m also in Norway. Where are you planning to buy the steel? I found these on Biltema, but they’re not stainless so I’m not sure if it’s a good solution or not? https://www.biltema.no/bil—mc/bildeler/Eksosanlegg/reparasjonssatser/stalror-2000038318

I will use polished stainless 316 25mm pipe, I used these on the MPCNC and where straight and perfect.

I got them from Sverdrup Steel in Stavanger,  99nok/meter

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Pretty much all three sets, hardware, flat, and printed have sold as much as the last LowRider did in 6 months…..

It must be these hot blue printed parts from fish tacos and Barry.

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 419 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.