geneb's build (finally!)

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC geneb's build (finally!)

This topic contains 122 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Gene buckle 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • Author

BT
    Participant

If you can sleep thru anything in a wood shop, then you’re the perfect dust collector ๐Ÿ™‚

Gene buckle
    Participant

That’s not the wood shop.ย  THAT is partially shown in post #80150. ๐Ÿ˜€

g.

Mike Pensinger
    Participant

Want to really damage your hearing. Sleep behind cycling muscle launcher rings for 10 years…. not much wakes me…

Gene buckle
    Participant

I’m not even sure I want to know what a “muscle launcher ring” IS let alone listen to one. ๐Ÿ˜‰

g.

Mike Pensinger
    Participant

Missile. Damn autocorrect …

Gene buckle
    Participant

Hehe.

Ryan, can I use the 5mm to 8mm shaft coupler you sell with the threaded rod I’m using for the Z axis, or should I buy it and the acme threaded rod and re-print the part it mates to?

tnx.

g.

Ryan
    Keymaster

That kinda depends. 5/16 rod tends to wobble in a 8mm coupler, that is why I made 5/16 coupler. Sometimes is is okay though. The T8 and a coupler is pretty dang smooth.

Gene buckle
    Participant

Ok.ย  I’ll order the new parts.ย  Which component(s) do I need to print for the new Z axis screw?

tnx.

g.

Gene buckle
    Participant

Nevermind, I found them – the “Burly” parts, right?ย  Is there anything else I need besides the stepper coupler and the lead screw?

tnx.

g.

Barry
    Participant

Nevermind, I found them โ€“ the โ€œBurlyโ€ parts, right? Is there anything else I need besides the stepper coupler and the lead screw?

tnx.

g.

Everything else should be the same.ย  Screw, nut, and coupler should be all you need, oh, the screw to hold the nut to the plastic.

Gene buckle
    Participant

Ok, thanks Barry!

g.

Gene buckle
    Participant

Got the new parts printed up…

burly-mpcnc-parts

We’ll see what I get done this weekend. ๐Ÿ˜‰

g.

Gene buckle
    Participant

Got the new “burly” parts printed…

burly-mpcnc-parts

I don’t think I’m missing anything. ๐Ÿ™‚

g.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I really like that color.

You might want to put up a picture of everything so I can double check you have the right combo. The “Burly” is the entire center assembly.

Gene buckle
    Participant

(sorry for the double post!)

The filament I used is Atomic Gun Metal Gray PLA.ย  It’s amazing stuff.

I’ve printed

2 ea. of the Nut_Trap_Burly

4 ea. Spacer_Corner_C_Burly

1 ea. Z_Motor_C_Burly

1 ea. Z_Lower_C_Burly

2 ea. XYZ_C_Burly

Then I printed the “C” parts from here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2847042/files

It looks like I’m only missing the 2 XY_C_Burly parts, correct?

FYI, the table build video is ~33 minutes.ย  I’m waiting on an intro graphic before I upload it to der tube. ๐Ÿ˜‰

g.

Ryan
    Keymaster

2 gantry spacers as well.

Gene buckle
    Participant

Done, thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

g.

Gene buckle
    Participant

Here’s the table build video (finally)

g.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Barry
    Participant

Digging the shop!!

Gene buckle
    Participant

Thanks!

I got as far as the Z-axis assembly today.ย  No idea if I’ve got any usable video though. ๐Ÿ™

g.

Gene buckle
    Participant

Wouldn’t you know it, all the spindle mounts are for 52mm spindles.ย  Mine is 56.ย  *facedesk*

g.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Show off….

AHAHAHAHAHAA

Gene buckle
    Participant

I wish!ย  I went begging on Thingiverse to some of the 52mm mount designers.ย  I can design one if I absolutely have to, but until then I’m going to drag my feet some more. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Apparently the difference is that the one I bought is brushless and the ones most folks get are brushed.

I have to admit I’m astonished at the number of hits I got on Thingiverse for “MPCNC”.ย  People are doing all kinds of neat things!

g.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I can’t wait to see what you think of that spindle that is the type I keep recommending….Blindly. Brush-less 5 wire, should have hall effect sensors so I can’t see it not being good.

Let me see if I easily edit my file. No promises.

Ryan
    Keymaster

If all else fails two sets of these should be enough.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nuk9bdtvm8lkn6e/AACAg2YvUwOOtLrplI2m7emIa?dl=0

Gene buckle
    Participant

Thank you!ย  I’ll give it a look tomorrow.ย  I did finally find a 55mm mount, but forgot to print it with supports, so yours will go next. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don’t recall if the connector is 5 or 6 wire.ย  There’s two separate cables coming out of the top of the spindle that go into a compression terminal block.

g.

Mike Pensinger
    Participant

Tell me about the brushless spindle… Where, what, how much?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I would say let him try it out first. If he gives the thumbs up I might buy one as well, so I can give an option (and make a proper mount).

Gene buckle
    Participant

This unit is /similar/ to the one I have: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brushless-Motor-Driver-w-Hall-Controller-400W-CNC-Motor-for-Spindle-Engraving/282297554188?hash=item41ba3ed50c:g:IosAAOSwq8BZcA-5:rk:1:pf:0

However, I don’t think mine has the fancy control panel on the controller.ย  I’ll get some pics taken this weekend.

g.

Gene buckle
    Participant

Ryan, I’m printing your mount right now.ย  I also got a response by one of the other mount developers on Thingiverse – he made a 56mm version of his for me: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2872200

Here’s some pics of the motor and controller:

The connector is attached to two cables coming out of the top of the motor housing.

The motor RPM is supposedly controllable via PWM signal – I’m kind of fuzzy on how that works.ย  I knew at some point, but that’s been lost to time. ๐Ÿ™‚

(The post got mangled, so I had to edit…)

g.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.