FOSS milling toolchain: freecad gbrl on ramps – tutorial

New Home Forum Software / Firmware Development FOSS milling toolchain: freecad gbrl on ramps – tutorial

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alex 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Alex
    Participant

UPDATE:

Please find the tutorial (as decided toegther with Ryan) now on githup pages

Please do not post here, but in the related discussion thread.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Alex
    Participant

Alex
    Participant

Alex
    Participant

Alex
    Participant

Attachments:

Alex
    Participant

ok, guys, lost another post.

This forum sucks!

I’ll be thinking about posting this tutorial elsewhere and adding just a link here. This is so frustrating 🙁

Ryan
    Keymaster

You keep making posts full of external links and then editing them several times in a few minutes. This is going to get flagged as spam anywhere.

Doing a proper write up somewhere would be great, then it can be linked from the instructions and you have full control.

Alex
    Participant

You keep making posts full of external links and then editing them several times in a few minutes. This is going to get flagged as spam anywhere.

Doing a proper write up somewhere would be great, then it can be linked from the instructions and you have full control.

I tried both, at first write it down and lost it several times.

Then I thought submit and edit, but recognized that a small edit can lead to all the previously well saved content unrecoverable gone.

Ok, I’ll write that up on e.g. github pages and provide a link – this is OK for you (to refer to ‘MPCNC’ in the text)?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ll write that up on e.g. github pages and provide a link – this is OK for you (to refer to ‘MPCNC’ in the text)?

Perfect.

I am not seeing any of your posts in the spam (holding for approval) folder so this is something new.

Alex
    Participant

I took my time to write up everything again on githup pages

Please do not post here, but in the related discussion thread (which is kept in THIS forum).

Was a bit tricky to get it to work – although it’s easy once understood.

The big advantage is that

• I don’t mess up Ryans forum anymore
    • In principle everybody with a github account could contribute
    • It will stay there fork/editable forever by the mpcnc community

I am not seeing any of your posts in the spam (holding for approval) folder so this is something new.

I don’t know. I had e.g. massive problems in using the reference @ to Pablo. Once I inserted, submitted, the post was gone. I’m now quite happy with the solution to use github pages & discussion here.

What do you think?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.