Fishtacos MP3DP.

This topic contains 290 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Mmmfishtacos 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 291 total)
  • Author

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Looking sharp. Why is the z faster? Did you change the limits in the firmware?

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

No, that how fast it moves when you use s3d to move the machine. Also becare full, spent almost two hours fixing my machine after cashing it into the bed.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I use simplify and mine don’t dance like that.

I did have to weed through all of these settings though it is set up a bit different to repetier. A few of us tried to share settings and it didn’t work, I couldn’t even transfer settings to the laptop had to do it all over again. Bummer.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Really? All i did was choose i3 as my machine and thats how fast it moves with their machine control.

Do you have the latest version?

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Well here’s todays print. I’m taking a short break on the spitfire as I’m waiting on my silver filament. I have a 1/4 roll left and I don’t think I can sqeeze the other 4 parts out of it. They are pretty big. But I’ll start back with the black parts tomorrow. I made this razor blade plane to shave off buggers and the flashing from the first layer.

20170420_193805

20170420_193811

20170420_193820

Dui, ni shuo de dui
    Participant

A little tip that works very well for me: to clean up my 3D printed parts, I generally use a wood chisel. It is very efficient at removing material cleanly and flat. Works like a charm.

You have a great print quality, I would really like to do the same, but I don’t have money to invest in simplify3d and the plans of the plane are quite expensive… I didn’t find any free plans for RC planes on the net so far, that’s disappointing.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Download this, the gcode for the spitfire is there. It worked okay on my printer, but i wanted thr stls too, so i bought the
    You might have to hack the gcode to work woth your printer.

Drivers

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Check this one out too. It might be okay.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2118624

Dui, ni shuo de dui
    Participant

Thanks a lot mmmfishtacos!

By the way, I experienced the same issue you had this week while trying Cura: the infill was visible on the outer shell.

Changing the value of the infill overlap to a smaller one solved the problem.

One more thing: make sure that you print the outer shell before the infill, I had this issue the first time I used Cura, it was printing the infill before the shell, which gave me similar results, with the infill visible on the outer shell.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Sorry to anyone looking for updates on the Spitfire, it’s still on hold. But I did get the filament in today to finish it! Maker Geeks took awhile to get it to me. Over two weeks…

But I’ve been busy with other stuff, I’ve designed a Nintendo switch controller shell, after downloading what was on thingiverse and not being happy with it I decied to give it a go. My design works like a stock one would, in fact if you wanted to take off the stock slider and screws them into the shell you could, but the printed slides work well too.

The small fitment issues you might see in the photos have sense been fixed, I just haven’t had time to print them because I got a bunch of orders for these things…

So we should see more updates next week, I really want to get the controller up. `

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

My first model up on thingiverse. I’m a little nervous about it. I’m waiting on my first confirmed make.. I hope people like it. It has 40 something views and 4 downloads.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2285264

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Hey vicious. Do you habe any tips for getting higher views on thingiverse?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I wish.

They give no analytics to see where incoming links are from so you can promote them more. It is all literally a shot in the dark.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Darn…

Barry
    Participant

Yea, pretty much someone needs to be searching for a widget to find your parts from what I can tell. I have two designs that someone else has printed. One has been up for months with only a few builds. Lot’s of collects though.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

The down load rate seems low. 109 veiws and on 9 downloads…

Maybe I need better photos, possibly a video.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

You should Pat yourself on the back for making something, and giving it to others. I know I have gained a lot from the open source world, so I’m happy whenever I can give back something unique.

I find things when they are featured, or at the top of a category, but you can’t get that at first. I know there are people that watch new or updated things. When someone makes things, they end up on the front page, for a moment. Also, if someone comes there searching for Nintendo or switch, they should find your thing. I’m doing that backwards, based on the things I “like”, not on how to have something popular. I hope that’s helpful.

Things take a while to become popular. I have one thing that’s gotten in front of some eyes, and it’s taken a really long time to get to 1000 likes + collections (over a year).

If you want to push it, you can make an instructable, YouTube video, or posts in forums. There are thingiverse groups too, which have thing collections. If you find a good fit, post it there.

Good luck. Be patient.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Thanks for the advice jeff.

In other news looks like ill be starting a new build soon. Lol i can’t keep up.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

My model just got added to the Feature collection for the switch! But… It’s no longer on the front page. 🙁

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Would a .5 nozzle be better for printing .35 layers reliably?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yes

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

I need an out of the box printer with auto bed level. Any suggestions?

Ryan
    Keymaster

prusa i3!!!!!

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Prusa i3 MK2

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Yeah, really want one, byt that 7 week lead time…

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Does it have to come in one box? Thomas Sanlander (sp?) had a youtube series on making a cheap chinese clone of it (although he cheated at the end and used the bed from the actual mk2).

Ryan
    Keymaster

Best printer out though…Are there any authorized distributors or anything maybe?

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Yes, id just build another mp3dp if i had the time yo source and build from scratch again.

It also needs to be easy to use, because my wife is running it during the day while I’m at work.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

No, but some guy has 3 up on ebay. Over asking price.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.