Fishtacos MP3DP.

This topic contains 290 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Mmmfishtacos 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 291 total)
  • Author

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Sometimes. But not always.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

z is pretty dang close.

x and y are a bit fat..

Matt P.
    Participant

Looks like you’re making progress!

Matt P.
    Participant

Can run cooling fan on 12V Aux pins on Ramps board. The board I received from Vicious had pins installed already. Some boards come without pins installed, but you can solder them in. Easier than plugging into green plug possibly.

12V Aux pins

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Yeah I looked for that, and that’s what originally had me confused, because I don’t have pins there. So I’d have to solder it up. I got it wired in the green plug right now and the part fan on d9. I might do that when I get the bird’s nest of wires worked out.

Seems I have to do quite a bit of tuning, Maybe my belts may not be tensioned right, my layers don’t seem to be stacking right on top of each other. It’s not horrible, just a few thousands here and there. And the bed vibrates when it moves sometimes.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t do that…

You do not want to pull more power through the green connector than necessary. It is highly under spec’d and you can easily run into issues.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Isnt that what you said to do a few posts back?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Plug the fan in to the power supply or the power supply side of the green connector.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Yeah, its twisted to the wires coming off the power supply and inserted in the green connector with it.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

What do you guys think about this ramps case? Anyone using a case for the ramps?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:761806/#made

Jeffeb3
    Participant

That’s the case I’m using. It works, but I have nothing to compare it to.

If you plug the fan into the green connector, then the power isn’t going through the connector to the fan, that’s what vicious is saying.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Well I got this printed in stage one of wire clean up.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I’m printing the new version of that right now….well just one with the wire hole on the left side instead. For the LowRider, just in case, never know what side you might want to use it on….

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

I wanted to ask you if you could screenshot your slic3r setting for the MP3DP. Or is there away to just copy you’re setting to a file? At least that way I could have a good starting base.

I’ve having some issues in print quality that I’m not sure how to fix, As this is the first time building a printer. My last one was pre made and calibrated from supplier.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Awesome! thanks.

Brian
    Participant

I modified a case I found and split the top. I can send the file if you like. I forgot to punch out the power plug lol so it does need to be modified. But it worked ok for me.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Thanks for the offer, but I think I’m going to try the first box. I need to get some black pla/petg I have to much of one color going on right now.

@vicious I ran you settings in slic3r and it’s working wonderfully. Print quality seems a lot better now. Thanks.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

This thing is kicking butt. It’s killing PETG, way better than my last machine. I just ordered some rolls of Orb polymer PLA. And I’m thinking I’m going to start on another MP3DP. I’m wanting to use birds eye maple, and maybe grey and black for the printed parts?

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Those are the pins I used. You will need a crimper. They don’t crimp with just pliers.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Awesome, Ordered them and a crimping tool.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I think those are just the metal parts, you also need the housing. The housing is the same for the male and female pins.

If you end up making a connection in the middle of the cable, like an extension for a stepper motor or something, since they aren’t captive, you can use some waxed string, and tie a tight knot. I like using waxed string to keep cables organized as well. It has the advantage over regular string, because it doesn’t come loose (with something like a square knot, anyway) and it has the advantage over zip ties in that it’s more flexible, and it won’t cut through insulation. I’m not at my machine, ATM, but here is a grainy picture that I have:

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

I planned to just recycle the plugs that are on them. It’s pretty easy to get the pin out with out damage. I bought some premade endstop wires with the plugs on them and was able to save the other end that I didn’t need pretty easily.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

I thought I would post a print i’m working on. Just so people can see the quailty i’m getting out of this machine. It’s a bit bowed on the flat side but I don’t think there’s much that can be done about that.

PETG,

Ryan
    Keymaster

Those threads came out pretty amazing. Cool looking part as well.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Yeah, I was surprised about that bit. This has been a really great machine. I’m glad a built it rather than buy another premade one.

It’s a spool holder, I’m printing the other half right now and I have 3 rods to print after that’s done. So I might have something to show on in the next day or so.

Here is the link to the file is anyone is interested.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1001312

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

I suggest never buying filiament from orb polymer. So far it’s been a terrible experience dealing with their customers service.

Zeenon
    Participant

I suggest never buying filiament from orb polymer. So far it’s been a terrible experience dealing with their customers service.

Same experience with orb polymer, almost 6 weeks for three spools of filament. Finally shipped when I threatened to call the credit card company. Zero customer service and responses to emails/calls.

Z

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

I just sent them another email. Told them I didn’t appreciate their receptionist and that if I didn’t receive a phone call or text by the end of the day tomorrow I would call my bank and have the transaction reversed. It would be one thing if they didn’t advertise one day shipping, but they do and they should stick to it.

But in your case, 6 weeks? I don’t know how you put up with it for so long. Is the filament any good?

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.