- January 6, 2018 at 2:16 pm #50636
Is my problem the thermistor? Does it need to be installed no matter what? if so, could you link the instructions?
- Bought everything from here
- no end stops
- MAC but have PC also (neither seem to work)
- Picture attached
- I have the LCD screen for my MPCNC and can manually move the machine in every direction
- When I plug in the USB, the LCD comes on (I then plug in the power supply)
- I have read and reread the directions. https://www.v1engineering.com/repetier-host
- When I click connect, it says “Couldn’t open port for device none”
I’m sure I’m missing a simple step so please be kind! Thanks!
Attachments:January 6, 2018 at 2:31 pm #50640
You have to select a port. If none show up, you are probably missing the drivers. It shouldn’t need drivers on Mac, but it will in windows.January 6, 2018 at 3:54 pm #50643
Thanks for your response. I believe you are correct but drivers for what? marlin?
Thanks!January 6, 2018 at 4:02 pm #50644
Drivers for your control board, try installing arduino ide before plugging in your board again. No thermistor needed.January 6, 2018 at 4:02 pm #50645
If it is an older MAC you have to reflash with a slower buadrate, might want to stick with the PC until you get it sorted out.January 6, 2018 at 4:14 pm #50646
It is an older Mac. I’ll use a PC. I was having a different issue with pc.
This is the pop up after clicking connect.
Attachments:January 6, 2018 at 4:26 pm #50649
I bet this is important…
I bought this 2 years ago. Do I need new firmware anyway?January 6, 2018 at 4:39 pm #50650
Looks like the resistor is missing, or backwards.January 6, 2018 at 4:39 pm #50651
Yeah, 2 years ago we used the resistor so we didn’t have to flash the firmware to print. I stopped that, too much confusion. So either put the resistor on T0 or flash the new firmware.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.