Fine dust on rollers

New Home Forum LowRider Advice – LowRider Fine dust on rollers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Alex
    Participant

Did anyone figured out how to keep fine dust accumulating on bearings?

Attachments:

Mike Atencio
    Participant

Better maintenance unless you want to create some kind of scraper. But then, the dust falls back on the rollers. You could design a small diameter tube to blow these clean as the machine works. Something like aquarium tubing with a high-pressure blast of air aimed at each of the bearings. Maintenance is the best, and easiest solution. Get a small compressor and blow out the bearings when you finish a job. Easiest and allows you to visually check each bearing. Always the best way to go.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Alex
    Participant

Mike, that’s kind of what I’m doing now, works well when I do small projects and vacuum removes dust sufficiently well.

Problem came when I start using it for slab leveling, there’s so mush saw dust that vacuum shoe gets clogged along the way and it’s nothing but mess after that and a lot of bearing scraping.

Barry
    Participant

I’ve not noticed it causing any issues with my cuts.  I knock it off every now and then with a clean paint brush while it’s cutting something.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.