Estlcam MPCNC Control

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Estlcam MPCNC Control

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Participant

I know this topic has come up a number of times before but I want to see if anyone is currently using Estlcam to directly control the MPCNC (and not just for generating gcode). I really enjoy watching @christian videos that demonstrate a number of neat feature he has on his software and would like to incorporate that in my next build. As I understand it Estlcam uses GRBL and supports the Arduino UNO or Arduino Nano for operation. If anyone has a build information, parts list / suggestions, or anything else helpful let me know so I can see if this would be feasible to pursue.

Ryan
    Keymaster

You have to look at the supported boards list (uno for sure), but as far as I know it is his own or heavily customized firmware.

Most of it is easily done with all firmware, except the surface mapping, but it can be done.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Participant

Thanks Ryan, I messaged Christian and he also suggested the uno or nano as a good option. I just need to find a CNC shield that can handle the Nema 17s. Any suggestions? I have attached a picture of one that I might try. Lastly, what do you mean by surface mapping? I am not familiar.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.