Engraved Mirror Logos

This topic contains 90 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Koen 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author

Jason
    Participant

Awesome looks great. Just need to enclose the back. Very clean finish.

Dave B.
    Participant

Interestingly I’ve loaded a Batman image that’s mostly white into PEP5 Demo and Image2Gcode to see how they handle it.

I made it 12×12 (304mmx304mm) at 0.1mm resolution and the PEP5 files is 1.05MB…the I2G file is 187MB!!! Am I doing it wrong? I’m pretty sure I have the same settings in each, or is this an indication of skipping white space? Is the difference really this significant???

I could shrink the whitespace considerably but made the image 12×12 so it’d fill the whole space of one of those mirror tiles and I could place my home at 0,0.

I’ve attached the actual file if anyone want’s to try it and see.

Jason
    Participant

I thought I commented on this already… Guess not. But anyways that sounds about right. I2G is going to write code for every pixel and PEP5 is going to ignore a very large amount of the picture. I think it is also more efficient in how it writes the code. I have experienced this kinda thing as well.

Jason
    Participant

Here is my latest creation on a mirror. This was my first attempt. Turned out pretty good. I think I might need to turn the power down a little bit to get more color depth.

Attachments:

Jason
    Participant

Here is one other that I made for my daughter.

Attachments:

Jason
    Participant

Company logo mirror

Jason
    Participant

Here are a couple more attempts at images. This tiger was attempt #2 and the wolf attempt #3. The wolf is only 2″ square. And they say the 6 watt nubm44 cannot do high detail.

Attachments:

Jason
    Participant

Here are a couple more of the back lighting (inverted) engraves. Quality is slowly getting better as I dial in the laser settings.

Neil
    Participant

Jason you are the man. Thanks for the tutorial. My wife wants to kill me as the basement now smells like burning nut hair. This is just a single pass. When you do a double pass to fully remove the backing are you wiping it down with rubbing alcohol in between burns?
    Neil

Jason
    Participant

Nice work. I have my laser segregated from the rest of the air in the house with a dedicated exhaust fan… it smells bad lol.

ManuCNC
    Participant

I ask again for help.
    I can not do anything ..
    I attach the screen of sw Image2Gcode, I can not understand why gcode not change the laser intensity …
    I did 1000 tests but nothing …

The minimum value 110 because I set lower than 110 my 5.5 watt laser marks the pannello..non not even know why.

I also tried to make the lines with 100 90 80% etc.
    but no result.
    I attach the image

Thank you
    Manuel

Jason
    Participant

Things I notice…

Your resolution is really high.. 0.5mm i use 0.1 to 0.15
    Your minimum power really needs to be 0
    I would dump the G28 at the beginning and set your start prior to running your job.
    Your speed seems pretty quick. Slow it to 1800 to start I would say.

What is your last pic (raster.png) supposed to be?

ManuCNC
    Participant

Thanks for your reply @jason I realized that “RASTER” picture because I wanted to make 10 simple lines in order to understand the laser intensity ..

The minimum so I have to keep it at 0?
    then it means that there is a problem if from 0 to 100 does not affect?

Thank you
    (Sorry for my bad english)

Jason
    Participant

if you had your minimum at 100… The minimum intensity it would fire at is about ~35%. Even if there it is not supposed to be firing. Not sure if that makes sense. 0 ensure the laser turns off completely for areas that are not supposed to be engraved.

ManuCNC
    Participant

@jason I agree that it is unusual ..
    I wonder where I maybe wrong ..

Following the pdf here on the forum I changed the pin of the fan and connected the cable ttl …

the laser power is directly taken from Ramps.1.4 and S10 M106 and M107 controls respond correctly ..

In lower values below 100 … the laser is blue and does nulla..ben visible but not engrave or cut – let’s say always “pointing mode / positioning”

I do not know if I am told ..
    Hopefully I can make a video ..

May I ask a favor?
    Riuciresti gcode to pass me a drawing of a small simple?
    Maybe I have a problem in creating gcode ..

Jason
    Participant

Attached is a quick test that does a 10cm x 10cm logo. It is full engrave no shading. So that means laser will either be 0 (off) or full power (255). Speed is set to 1800 mm/min

Attachments:
    1. Laser-Test.zip

ManuCNC
    Participant

thank you so much.
    That’s when I tried to generate the gcode with Image2gcode was not.
    In this we see the change of laser intensity…why?
    I knew everything was 255? or am I wrong?

[....]
    G1 F1800
    (Begin Left Angle )
    M03
    M107
    G1 X10.3 Y17.7
    M106 S0.0
    G1 X10.4 Y17.6
    M106 S8.0
    G1 X10.5 Y17.5
    M106 S0.0
    G1 X11.9 Y16.1
    M106 S0.0
    G1 X12 Y16
    M106 S1.0
    G1 X12.1 Y15.9
    M106 S0.0
    G1 X12.7 Y15.3
    M106 S0.0
    G1 X12.8 Y15.2
    M106 S13.0
    [....]

Today I try the file you sent me 😀

Jason
    Participant

S0.0 is blank space. That is expected.

ManuCNC
    Participant

I’m sorry but I did not understand the last post. 😛

ManuCNC
    Participant

does not work. when I start the code RepetierHost gives me a lot of mistakes ..

`16:43:53.898 : Error:checksum mismatch, Last Line: 109
    16:43:53.898 : Resend:110
    16:43:53.898 : Error:Unknown command: “2”
    16:43:53.898 : Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 109
    16:43:53.898 : Resend:110
    16:43:53.914 : Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 109
    16:43:53.914 : Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 109
    16:43:53.914 : Resend:110

Jason
    Participant

That is strange. Are you sending with Repetier Server? Are you running Marlin firmware?

Leo69
    Participant

I think you’re using older version of image2gcode. The decimal power values are removed long ago. I’m not sure how well repetier tolerates the decimal values since the M106 command expects an integer value between 0 and 255. Try again without the decimal power values. Marlin will ignore them when running from SD card but I’m not familiar with repetier host.

Jason
    Participant

I have no issues running that with Repetier Host. I used to get errors like he posted running from Repetier Server.

ManuCNC
    Participant

Hi Jason, thanks for your quick reply..
    Use MarlinKimbra, a modified Italian version of the standard Marlin. (which also has an automatic online configurator)
    http://www.marlinkimbra.it/

since I had little time available for testing I just tried to follow the video on youtube where uses Inkscape + JProthonics plugin and finally it worked.

Obviously you are keeping 0min 255max like you advised me

On the non-operation of the file you’ve attached to me … I do not know why does not work.
    After various tests on ImagetoGcode I discovered that any image you load uses more and M106 S5 …

I wonder so if anyone has a way to attach a version that works … because what I feel I can not explain the reason of the malfunction

Thanks a lot!

Jason
    Participant

I would suspect maybe that version is not liking the decimals in the power levels maybe.

Jason
    Participant

Well we are morphing our mirror process slightly. It taking 12-20 hours to do a mirror is getting a little tedious and now that I have the vinyl cutter working sorta… I will be switching to sandblasting mirrors. That will take my time spent per mirror to about 15 minutes.

This was my first attempt on just regular glass.

Attachments:

Koen
    Participant

I got a realy strange thing.

When i create something with ESTLCAM or with Inkscape it works fine but when I want to convert a picture and engrave it i got everything twice, as it seems in a shift to right … (See image)

I tried an other laptop, also changed the driver board. Same results.

Someone had this before? And how to solve this?

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

make sure you don’t have a hidden layer in inkscape.

Koen
    Participant

I’m not using inkscape.I was talking about the img2gcode converter.
    Opened a image I created with paint and saved as *.bmp.
    Also tried it with an *.jpg (downloaded from internet)

Made the code with the img2gcode program
    (2 versions, normal one and the mpcnc version)

Can you make an example code for testing? Just something, don’t care what.
    Make the begin laser power from 27 max 60 (i’m using the mpcnc with a 100W CO2 laser, and still adjusting it)
    Laser on with M42 P4 S and off with M42 M4 S0

Will burn it and show you the results.
    Thanks in advance.

Jason
    Participant

Hi sorry been crazy busy lately. That is an interesting result. Can you post the source image and a picture of how you are using a 100w tube with mpcnc.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.