Endstops configuration

New Home Forum LowRider Troubleshooting – LowRider Endstops configuration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SometimestheDragonWins 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hajo Piltz
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve completely rebuilt my machine and am now happy to have solved my mechanical problems. My crown looks awesome.

While at it, I have installed 5 endstops. They are microswitches on a small board with a LED that lights up when triggered and work well.

Homing does not work, however. I figure it because the signals are inverted. This is what I get when none of the switches should be triggered:

Send M119
    Receive Reporting endstop status
    x_min: TRIGGERED
    x2_min: TRIGGERED
    y_min: TRIGGERED
    z_min: open
    z2_min: TRIGGERED
    ok

As a consequence, homing does not work on any axis: X and Y don’t move at all, as the switches are registered as triggered.

Z homing is particularly bad, as one of the switches is already inverted in the firmware while the other isn’t.

Where can I find an option to invert these signals in the firmware? I’m running a modified Marlin-MPCNC_Ramps_T8_16T_LCD_32step_DualEndstop. (Modification is the activation of dual Z setup with dual endstop pins connection to Zmin and Ymax on the RAMPS.)

Also: The Z axis on the “open” side moves up instead of down until triggered. Is that intended behavior and can I change it?

Thanks!

Hajo

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Line 618 in Configuration.h:

https://github.com/Allted/Marlin/blob/MPCNC_Ramps_T8_16T_LCD_32step_DualEndstop/Marlin/Configuration.h#L618

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
    #define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true  // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the probe.

Have you confirmed they go to ‘open’ when you trigger them?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Jeffeb3.
    3 users thanked author for this post.

Hajo Piltz
    Participant

Thank you very much! This solved it, behavior is now as intended in all dimensions.

Jeffeb,

You seem to be a pretty smart dude.

just thought i’d throw that out there.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.