Endstop without dual endstop firmware

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Endstop without dual endstop firmware

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Jutoto
    Participant

as I already said I burned my driver E1 on my RAMbo so I use Y driver for the 2 Y stepper motor.
    Therefore I can not use the DualEndstop  firmware features.

I would like to know if I update with Rambo_T8_16T_LCD Firmware instead of the Dualendstop one,  is that endstop work in the classic way?
    So that I can use Xmin endstop and Xmax endstop which each will stop the 2 X stepper motor And the same for Y?

it seems to me that I read on this forum that marlin did not listen to the endstop all the time. That he did it only to find the Home.
    if so, the question is to know if with the standard Rambo_T8_16T_LCD firmware : 1 Xmin Endstop and 1 Ymin Endstop will stop each respectively 2 X motors and 2 Y motors at Home point?

okay it will not help to squaring the machine but it can be useful for the tool change to return to a known position?

Ryan
    Keymaster

it will not help to squaring the machine but it can be useful for the tool change to return to a known position?

No because it is not a known position. Without dual endstop you have to just use the pause method. Pause the machine have it move to a position you can change the tool, re-zero Z and the resume your cut. It the end it is the same without dual you just have to know where the position is that you can change your tool. Just to be clear I don’t need to do tool changes very often. I try to design my projects to not have them.

Jutoto
    Participant

I try to design my projects to not have them.

I try too, but I work on drill and chanfer the top of the hole so I need to change tool for a V one…

Pause the machine have it move to a position you can change the tool,

How I can do that?  I did not succeed with my LCD screen, must absolutely used a software controller type repeater to move the position?

re-zero Z and the resume your cut

Where do I need to re-zero the Z ? is it always the Bed? or always the same Z that I used when the work start for exemple top of the workpiece?

Ryan
    Keymaster

You use the gcode, I have an example in the basics page, instead of G28 just pick a location.

Guffy
    Participant

I would like to know if I update with Rambo_T8_16T_LCD Firmware instead of the Dualendstop one, is that endstop work in the classic way?
    So that I can use Xmin endstop and Xmax endstop which each will stop the 2 X stepper motor And the same for Y?

okay it will not help to squaring the machine but it can be useful for the tool change to return to a known position?

i think you can.
    if you need just MIN endstops you can leave one endstop per axis (or connect both endstops of same axis sequentially – so the first one which will be pushed will trig the state)
    or you can move one endstop of the each axis to MAX and have MIN and MAX.
    of course you have to make corresponding modifications to Rambo_T8_16T_LCD Firmware

Jutoto
    Participant

Ok I will learn and adapte your Gcode exemple in Basic. I saw it  but didn’t read because it is titled as for the dual Endstop…

G90 ; Absolute positioning, just in case
    G92 X0 Y0 Z0 ; Set Current position to 0, all axes
    G00 Z5.0000 F500 ; Raise Z 5mm at 8.3mm/s to clear clamps and screws
    G28 X Y Z ; Home in order, w/zprobe
    I think G28 in addition to bringing the machine to endstops, also defined the position has 0.0.0? no need for a G92?
    `G92 Z0.15 ; Account for probe thickness (set your thickness)
    </em><strong>As a probe was used and the machine thinks to be at  Z0, we said that it is at Z0.15 because it’s the probe thickness?
    </strong><code><em><code>G00 Z5.0000 F500 ; Raise Z probe off off of surface`

M00 ; pause for LCD button press`

for now I think I understood, just say yes if it’s good

G0 Z35 F500 ; Raise Z axis 35mm
    M84 ; Disable steppers
    M00 ; Wait for LCD button press
    ;Change tool:
    G92 Z0.15 ; Account for probe thickness (set your thickness)
    G00 Z5.0000 F500 ; Raise Z probe off off of surface
    M00 ; pause for LCD button press

And now while we changing the tool the steppers are disable so the machine don’t know where it is and it is why you do a G28 because  the next Gcode is absolute ?

you tell me :

instead of G28 just pick a location.

ok but I also need to delete the M84 is it right?

I can put a G00 Z20.000 ; if for exemple my work piece is 10mm height to be sure that my tool never touch it 
    and then a G00 X0 Y0 ; to return to origin and change the tool?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Jutoto.

Jutoto
    Participant
    Ok I will learn and adapte your Gcode exemple in Basic. I saw it  but didn’t read because it is titled as for the dual Endstop…
    G90 ; Absolute positioning, just in case
    G92 X0 Y0 Z0 ; Set Current position to 0, all axes
    G00 Z5.0000 F500 ; Raise Z 5mm at 8.3mm/s to clear clamps and screws
    I think G28 in addition to bringing the machine to endstops, also defined the position has 0.0.0? no need for a G92?
    As a probe was used and the machine thinks to be at  Z0, we said that it is at Z0.15 because it’s the probe thickness?
    for now I think I understood, just say yes if it’s good

Jutoto
    Participant

Don’t know why but when I put my all message in one it doesn’t work??? so here is the following…

G0 Z35 F500 ; Raise Z axis 35mm
    M84 ; Disable steppers
    M00 ; Wait for LCD button press;Change tool: 
    And now while we changing the tool the steppers are disable so the machine don’t know where it is and it is why you do a G28 because  the next Gcode is absolute ?
    you tell me :

instead of G28 just pick a location.

ok but I also need to delete the M84 to stay at a known position, is it right?
    I can put a G00 Z20.000 ; if for exemple my work piece is 10mm height to be sure that my tool never touch it 
    and then a G00 X0 Y0 ; to return to origin and change the tool?
    and finish with a
    G28 Z ;
    G92 Z0.15 ; with the right pobe thickness

Ryan
    Keymaster

Just try it out in the air, you do not need to cut anything to test it. Just literally write down exactly what you want the machine to do and then translate it.

Move over

Move up

pause for tool change

Set Z with touch plate

account for touch plate

Move back

continue

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Ryan.

Jutoto
    Participant

Yes I will try manually line by line with repetier
    Where do I have to plug the Z probe in the Rambo1.4 Zmin or Zmax?
    Nothing to set the Rambo firmware and the Rambo dualendstop firmware work the same?
    When the wires touch eatch other the calibration will be done?

Barry
    Participant

Yes I will try manually line by line with repetier

Where do I have to plug the Z probe in the Rambo1.4 Zmin or Zmax?  Min

Nothing to set the Rambo firmware and the Rambo dualendstop firmware work the same?  If you’re running dual, you’ll need to flash the regular firmware.

When the wires touch eatch other the calibration will be done?  Mostly, you’ll need to account for the probe thickness.

Jutoto
    Participant

If you’re running dual, you’ll need to flash the regular firmware.

this means that we can not use a Z0 detection with a probe on the Zmin connector with the dual endstopn firmware?

Mostly, you’ll need to account for the probe thickness.

Yes is it the purpose of the G92 Z0.15 ; Account for probe thickness  line?

Ryan
    Keymaster

this means that we can not use a Z0 detection with a probe on the Zmin connector with the dual endstopn firmware?

Not true, works on all firmware.

Account for probe thickness line

Yes, measure and substitute your own actual value.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.