DXF files too small?

New Home Forum LowRider Advice – LowRider DXF files too small?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  David Walling 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Duncan Meyer
    Participant

Hi,
    I am trying to familiarise myself with EstleCam by setting the toolpaths on a DXF file for my aircraft build.  I have imported the DXF file (which is on a full 2400 x 1200 sheet), the grid is set to 10mm x 10mm and I’m using a 3mm router bit.  But counting the grid lines, the 2400×1200 sheet is only about 93 mm long.  How do I scale the drawing correctly?

Duncan

Duncan Meyer
    Participant

Hi.  Sorted.  The original file was in inches.  Doh!

kd2018
    Participant

Where does one get started finding diy rc plane plans? What material are you making them out of?

dkj4linux
    Participant

Many DIY foamboard plane kits (with free plans under the Resources tab) can be found here…

https://store.flitetest.com/diy-rc-airplane-kits/c12698

Great forum, too.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  dkj4linux.

Duncan Meyer
    Participant

Not

Sure about RC planes.  Mine is a full size

single seat design.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Not Sure about RC planes. Mine is a full size

Not if you cut it in mm. 🙂 Glad you figured it out. DXF files don’t actually have units, so EstlCAM asks when importing files.

kd2018
    Participant

Not

Sure about RC planes. Mine is a full size

single seat design.

Haha! I’d like to revise my question: where would I find cad drawings to build my own full size plane?!

Duncan Meyer
    Participant

Hi,

I belong to an online group of aircraft designers/builders.  One of the guys there has designed a really neat little single seater, built almost entirely out of CNC routed plywood.  He makes the DXF files available for free.

Ranger-cutaway

2 users thanked author for this post.

David Walling
    Participant

I’ll stick to RC… crashes are less painful that way 🙂

I do envision using a low rider or MPCNC to help with the future build of a boat, but I swim better than I fly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.