Dw660 replacement brushes

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Dw660 replacement brushes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Josh 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

I have been running my cnc a lot lately and got to thinking that i will probably start consuming brushes at this rate. Does anyone have a good source for these online?

Barry
    Participant

Amazon is probably your best bet.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Gamertech has a video and link if you are having issues finding them.

Josh
    Participant

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/dewalt-dw660-type-cut-out-tool-parts-c-1009_2633_2650.html

I have had great luck with this site for everything from microwave to snowblower parts

John
    Participant

So I actually found them pretty cheap on ebay. Around 6 bucks or so for a set. from what I have read, brushes typically last around 50-100 hours. with a number of 3 hour + cuts, I expect that I will need a set or 2 on hand.

I wonder of the brushes would last substantially longer with a router controller. I am sure that this tool is moving much faster than I need right now anyway. While the tools are rated in hours, the brushes should get wear according to revolutions. I think that if I slowed the RPM down, I should get more life.

Josh
    Participant

I have at least 300 hours on mine and no problems yet.  When I Inlay cutting boards I use a .8 mm bit and go 6mm deep around the perimeter, usually a 3-5 hour cut.  Probably not a bad idea to have a pair on hand but I am having more problems with the frame work than the spindle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.