Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

Ryan
    Keymaster

That looks like a beast! I can’t wait to see it. 4 extruders and 4 materials is awesome, I gotta see how they are doing the nozzle leveling.

I wonder how the heck they are getting it there, I am going to have a hard time getting my little machine out there.

Barry
    Participant

Do you have a costco by you?  Last time I was there they had Pelican clones that I think could fit a mp3dp in it.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I’ll head down there and check. I figure I can bring a small CNC in a few pieces, and stop at Menards and get a base board if I really need one. Have it do some drawing, kinda boring but quiet and clean, maybe some sticker cutting?

Knowing these guys are bringing there big guns, Jeez I need to step it up. Time is getting to near to show a new version, but maybe the PID controller will be working by then?

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Man that seems like a pain in the butt to set up. But I like it. Wonder how much they will try to sell that for? I don’t think their last printer was a success.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Shoot even as a proof of concept if someone else develops it, they will sell 4 times as many hotends!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

It is the best 4 color set up I’ve seen yet. The other options use big waste blocks.

Barry
    Participant
    Man that seems like a pain in the butt to set up. But I like it. Wonder how much they will try to sell that for? I don’t think their last printer was a success.

It was a huge success.  They hit $400, 000 on kickstarter.  They open sourced it to thingiverse after that.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Barry
    Participant

Heh, I just posted that link in the mrrf thread.  Couldn’t remember where I posted the original link.  🙄

Okay, my post disappeared.  Weird.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Its awesome, but at a possible 2 grand.. and im confused what that money actually gets. Is it the complete frame? Or just the rails and changing system.

Barry
    Participant

From what I can tell, all the mechanicals, you add the electronics yourself.  We’ll probably find out this weekend.  I’ll definitely be taking pictures of it.

Barry
    Participant

I failed…  Was so crowded around it all day that I didn’t get any pictures.

Mmmfishtacos
    Participant

Oh well, did you get any info on prusa’s new MMU?

Barry
    Participant

Nope.  E3d, Prusia, and SeeMeCnC were all together in one end of the building, and it was crazy over there.  I did see something pretty neat about e3d’s new printer system though.  When if finishes a layer, the hot end goes over to the side and does a really fast purge, faster than the hot end can melt the filament, then it does a quick retract which pretty much pulls all the plastic out of the hot end, then it does a wipe over a brass brush, and parks the head and swaps out the hot end.  Doing this keeps it from drooling all over the back of the printer.  Pretty slick setup.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.