Dual FW & Dual Endstops

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Dual FW & Dual Endstops

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BillM 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BillM
    Participant

Before I jump in and order the Bundle, hoping to get some clarification:

1. What is the Rambo Dual Firmware option for?
    2. Seems Dual endstops is to be avoided or not required, but why is that?

I have a few years of experience with 3D Printing and several flavors of firmware, hence the “Dual Firmware” question. And I have dual endstops on my largish CoreXY printer, and would have thought that was normal? But obviously this will be a new realm for me so I am sure I just don’t understand.

Thanks! Bill

Erwin Vigilia
    Participant

What is the Rambo Dual Firmware option for?

I’m assuming you’re referring to the purchase option pull down from Ryan’s shop so that means you’ll be buying the kit with a Rambo that is already flashed for Dual Endstop operation, and all the wiring harnesses required for 5 separate motor drivers and endstop switches.

Seems Dual endstops is to be avoided or not required, but why is that?

I think Ryan actually mentions “why” buried somewhere in the build pages – Dual Endstop operation adds more complexity to the build, which is already a “complex” system. You have to remember folks that are building his machines have a wide varying range of technical knowledge and different degrees of reading comprehension and dispositions.

IMO – the primary benefit of Dual Endstops is self-squaring and repeatable positioning, which isn’t needed if you’re just engraving wooden signs or drawing pictures.

2 users thanked author for this post.

BillM
    Participant

Erwin, yes exactly what I was referring to – thank you for the clarifications!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.