Does MPCNC actually depend from motors torque?

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Does MPCNC actually depend from motors torque?

This topic contains 35 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sergey Drobyshevskiy 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Can you raise the aluminum up higher? How big is your build?

Guffy
    Participant

it’s had been done with 1.5mm single flute bit. i don’t remember, exactly – something about 150mm/min

This is peace of laminate. Diameter of each circle is 12mm, thickness of star is 0.5mm

20181205_174351

Barry
    Participant

A shorter bit would help.

Guffy
    Participant

Sorry guys, missed the second page of answers

Can you raise the aluminum up higher? How big is your build?

My build is small. The work space is 430x330mm per  maybe 60mm of height.

P.S. I am also mad because of the length of my Spindle. No idea why they decided to make such a long collet.  Yes that could be a source of a few more nm’s of play.

it’s had been done with 1.5mm single flute bit. i don’t remember, exactly – something about 150mm/min

This is peace of laminate. Diameter of each circle is 12mm, thickness of star is 0.5mm

Nice! But I suppose laminate is easier than wood? Should give it a try as well!
    Do you feel like it is easier for the machine to cut with a smaller flute?  Less forces, but maybe a bigger Error Ratio (I mean error of 1mm is only 30 percent from 3.17mm bit, but 1mm error is 70% from the 1.5mm. I feel like resonances might be even bigger )

A shorter bit would help.

Yes, it could be a good idea to make a shorter bit for aluminium. But on an existing bit, it will only save me 10mm or so… I might be buying the shorter bit.

try to use something like this one
    https://olmitool.ru/catalog/spiralnye-odnozahodnye-alyuminiy-latun-med-kompozit

Thanks! Will give it a try!
    Guffy, can I have your contact details like email or whatsapp? Maybe we could have a short chat?

I am going to obtain two pair of motors to test. One pair “high power” with 6kg of force, and other one “ridiculously overpowered” with 8.7kg of force. I think my motors are weak, but we’ll see if there is a reason to add even more force.

As far as I see – the main source of play is on the gantry, but it is mainly not somewhere in the middle. I can move the Motor Blocks for almost 1mm inside the holded position. And having the rock solid belts the only source of play seems to be in the motors.

Some kind of report – I replaced the motors to some enormous 6 and 8kg holding force motors. They are noticeably stronger (I measured around 5kg of holding force, but it is twice more than I had). I see that it is more heavily holding the step, and of course, it is much more difficult to skip the step by force. I can see that the play on the motor blocks became approximately twice smaller.

But, unfortunately, I do not see a radical effect on the final cuts. Haven’t tried aluminium again, but I have almost the same Errors when cutting the wood, just a bit better. The play on the end of the bit is still significant.

So I will now think about how to reinforce the Gantry, which now seems to be the main source of the play. The first thing to do  – I will lift the table closer to the gantry “middle”, and will design the more stiff mount for the Rotary Tool

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.